Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

problem with the copy, paste, moving multiple times in the create your own map

I am making my own maps from scratch.. making the walls in a very square ordinary fashion.. then I make the keep in a very square and ordinary fashion.. then I make guard towers.. I make then holding Alt and making them circular I don't make then really small just about 1/4 of a square.. I then copy that and paste where I need to.. but I get them close or they tend to over lap the walls so I copy them close to the wall and then move them.. If I do that 5 or 6 times.. the rest of them that I make I can't move.. I can turn and manipulate them.. but I can't move them to the right spot.. and trying to copy it in the exact spot I want is very difficult and time consuming.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
You can hold down the Alt key on your keyboard while moving a graphic to reposition it precisely (by ignoring snap-to-grid). You can also use your keyboard's arrow keys while holding the Alt key on your keyboard to move it a few pixels at a time. Please try out either of those Keyboard Shortcuts and post back if that helps. Thanks!
I haven't tried.. but that sounds awesome!! going to try it now :)
YES.. that works perfectly.. Thank you very much Silvyre :)
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Great! Happy building!