Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there an API to reduce the opacity of Auras?

Is there an API to reduce the opacity of Auras? I find auras make the map too hard to see right now and would like to make them more transparent.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Opacity is not adjustable by the API. There is almost nothing the API can do that can't be done through the UI (the o y things I can think of are actually bugs in the API's implementation.). If you can't find a way to do something with the UI, chances are you can't do it with the API either. Sorry to rain on your parade, it seems like you keep having cool ideas and keep posting "nope". :/
Oh thats really dissapointing. I feel like Im under utilizing the API since I only have 6 API scripts I use. Your turn order, snaptile, tokenmod, recursive tables, export tables and bloodied scripts.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
GroupInitiative and Bump are pretty popular...:)

Edited 1495295244
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The Aaron said: the o y things I can think of are actually bugs in the API's implementation. The only one I can think of that is probably intentional is the ability to directly change the image of a token, and even that is sort of doable in the base UI via rollable table tokens.
I've asked for a better color picker that includes an opacity level/slider for years and included links to various solutions for it, but as usual... the suggestions go undone and seemingly unheard. Another victim of the suggestions graveyard.
Never heard of bump. But I find the time gained while my players are scrambling to roll initiative is essential to give me time to roll my own initiatives which are not groupable.
Devlin M. said: Never heard of bump. But I find the time gained while my players are scrambling to roll initiative is essential to give me time to roll my own initiatives which are not groupable. Use TheAaron's GroupInitiative script for that.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yup. When configured, it handles each roll individually. 
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott C. said: The Aaron said: the o y things I can think of are actually bugs in the API's implementation. The only one I can think of that is probably intentional is the ability to directly change the image of a token, and even that is sort of doable in the base UI via rollable table tokens. Modifying the controlledby property of a path object comes to mind.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Ping only the GM and set duplicate status icons are the big two I was thinking of. 
Oh I know a really useful API that inly uses UI mechanics. Is there an API that can do like what Aaron's turn order does, but also place a reminder in chat of the active status effects? Like "Player 1's turn. Status effects:Snail, red dot, ballerina" because I tend to play zoomed out far and have trouble seeing the symbols.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
TrackerJacker has that feature.  The author left the community about 2 years ago, but it's still a pretty nice script.

Edited 1496699700
Hey so just in case you still needed ideas for changing the opacity on auras, do this: First, get the 'Twins' script, found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/</a>... --delete the bit of the script that forces the twinned tokens to match in size. Then, make a circle or square in a photo editing or drawing program and set the shape to whatever opacity you want--don't forget to delete the background. If you don't have a program that can do this, message me and I'll make a shape for you. Next, import the image file of the shape you made and make it into a token--set the size of the shape to whatever the aura's size is. Finally, just twin the shape to the token of whatever has the aura and make sure to send the shape 'to back.' Voila, you have an aura with a lower opacity that doesn't obscure the map as much.&nbsp; I realize this is kind-of a roundabout way of doing it, but if it's really bothering you, its an option for dealing with it.