Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I started altering Star Wars D6 sheet by Timothy O'Driscoll

Edited 1495286111
I already send a message to the author but I'd like to ask the staff(since I don't know if he's still an active user, he created it few years back), if I alter the sheet, in like, a good way, add functionality and clarity to the sheet for the over all better experience while using it, without changing the looks of it too much, could it be set as a default D6 Star Wars sheet? Also I'm more than just willing to continue developing it even further. I never coded in my life, started literally at the moment I bought PRO (so two days ago) and I did that just for the option to use the custom sheet, but I'm having a blast doing it and I already have a ton of ideas for more features. I found the original sheet a bit confusing when it came to rolling dices, there was no information who was rolling and for what, I changed that: What's more instead of just listing Your force powers now you can add them as active abilities and roll for them Same thing with weapons. I also changed basic values of skills, attributes, character points, force points etc to lowest values that characters should start with while creating a character (no specie starts with 3D in all attributes, but some start with 1D in a couple of them etc) So far I plan to: -add functioning lightsaber fighting styles (Shii-Cho, Makashi, Soresu etc) with a possibility to customize them for alternative rules -add "attack" button for each weapon so you don't have to to scroll up and down to attack and deal damage separately -add more options for weapons, for example if its used in melee or ranged, does it have fire control, etc -perhaps make it so chat shows rolls in a neat table, i don't think that's necessary but I think i'll do it over all more customization with a place for house rules and way more, new ideas come as I work on current one Um, yeah, so can I edit somebody's sheet if it hasn't been updated in a loooong time or do I have to create a new one for it to stay? I don't even want any credit for it, I'm just a big Star Wars fan and I'd love to somehow contribute to the community, even if nobody knows I've done it.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you do take active development of the sheet and improve upon it then it will more than likely become the default sheet. I definitely recommend keeping the naming of attr and such the same so you do not break any current fields. When I took over the basic fantasy sheet, I didn't know that and broke everyone's sheets. I had to attempt to use sheetworkers to fix my screwup.