Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any way to restore or look into cleared chat history?

Title says it all. If a game's chat history is cleared by the DM, is there any way for them to restore it or read the deleted parts after the fact? I doubt it, but perhaps there's a function I've overlooked. Thanks!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Once a Game's Creator clears their Game's Chat Archive , that Chat Archive is deleted permanently. Clearing your Current Chat Log does not permanently affect the Chat Archive. Some GMs opt to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
That's what I had feared. Thanks!

Edited 1495316607
Silvyre
Forum Champion
There exists a way to recover some of the Chat Archive through a newer Pro subscription feature: Game Rollbacks. Pro subscribers have the ability to roll back a Game by selecting the Roll Back Game option on that Game's Settings dropdown menu . This appears to also recover the Chat Log of the time (only the ~50 most-recent messages of the time, not the whole Chat Archive). Game Rollbacks cannot be undone. Rolling back might be viable, if you need to recover something recently added to the Chat Log (and your Game has not changed significantly since the last save state).
Sadly, no, I would have wanted to recover something that happened at the very beginning of the campaign, months back. Thanks anyway!