Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Macro help

I am using this Macro %{selected|Ref-save} + ?{Modifiers|0} For some reason when the pop up value shows up, I will enter any number like (1,4,5,6) and the value is still the same. It does not add any value I enter in the pop up box. Can someone tell me if I am doing something wrong? Thanks
The problem here is that the ability you are calling, Ref-save, has a roll template inside of it. This roll template is what is performing the roll. If you want to modify this value, you will need to modify it inside of the ability itself. If it is a user created ability you can simply change it in the Attributes and Abilities tab. If it is an attribute specific to the character sheet. You will need to create a new ability based off of the original and make the necessary changes. Quick tip on the second option. Click the regular ability to show the roll in the chat, and then click the up arrow in chat to see the specific roll template that was used.
I see. I like the picture that the macro provides when using this macro. Is there another macro that can be used to add the modifier? There are several modifiers such as feats or abilities that are conditional such as Protection against evil that will provide a different modifier to the roll?

Edited 1495328119
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The Pathfinder Character Sheet usually allows you to edit sheet-provided macros directly, circumventing the need to create a new Ability. For saving throws, there might be a field on the sheet that allows you to input a Roll Query. If not, then I'd probably add the Roll Query to the 'save notes' section.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Make sure you have enabled Settings|Advanced|Display macro fields for customizing roll template rolls to see the macro-text fields. Then you can add a query directly to the saving throws roll macro-text as so; After you modify your saves, you can either drag/drop the button or use the button's name to make a roll from a macro.  BTW using the Defenses menu button allow you to make the same saves from chat.  No macros needed.  Cheers
Thank you so much. I was able to add that for the saves. Fantastic. Is there anything anything for attack modifiers such as flanking or charge? I did not see that same field in your screen shot. Thanks
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You can toggle (show/hide) additional macro fields from the Settings|Advanced|xxx... section. For attacks there is a section for global attack/damage modifiers as well as per attack roll-time adjustments and extra damage