Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFDM] [5e] Hero's Call: Faerûn! Looking for DM

[LFDM] [5e] Hero's Call: Faerûn! Looking for DM Hello again! If you’re on the forums often, you may have seen my other thread and know I'm organizing a group for a regularly scheduled 5e campaign. Over the past few days, I've received several applications for players and have a rough idea of the party composition - but still have not decided on a DM! If you or someone you know might be interested in DMing, please head over to this thread and read the information provided. Then, fill out an application and either submit it here, in the other thread, or directly via PM. Applications will be accepted until May 25th. As always, I can be reached here or by PM to answer any questions. Thank you for reading! Application for Dungeon Masters 1. Introduction Tell me a little about yourself. Name: Age: Pronouns: Timezone: Availability: Hobbies: (Optional) Alliance or Horde? 2. Experience & Playstyle Answer the following in as much detail as you like. What is the extent of your experience as a DM? How would you describe your style of DMing? (Strict, laid-back, combat-heavy, story-driven, homebrew, etc.) Do you have any rules or restrictions of your own? Please explain.
Just wanted to ask you a few questions in regards to this. Have you compiled a time frame where all the currently accepted players are more comfortable playing? Does the applying DM get any rights over which players are accepted or removed thereafter?
1. Introduction Name:   Tomasz, but you can call me Tom! Age:   25 Pronouns:  He/Him Timezone:  GMT+2, Poland Availability: Tough ;_; I'm just starting a next session, but bi-weekly on sundays. I'm running a game on wednesdays and live on fridays, but if you could run the game bi-weekly, I can find a date. Tuesdays 9AM-4PM (but that might change) or Saturday doesn't-matter-when but only bi-weekly. Mondays 5-7PM till around 8-9 PM.  Hobbies:  Oooh, I'm a cognitive science student, so everything neuroscience-y :D but aside of that GAEMS (RPGs, paradox strategies, overwatch and occasionaly league of legends), tv series, cinematography (not only movies but making movies). I'm extremely interested in topic of narration in general, I love reading Campbell and incorporating this knowledge in RPGs. Alliance or Horde?   Unfortunately I don't play WoW :< 2. Experience & Playstyle What is the extent of your experience as a DM?  I am running games nearly from the beginning of my whole RPG experience, so 17 years. I run D&D (AD&D, D&D 3.5, D&D4, D&D5,), Warhammer FRP, L5R, Pendragon, all kinds of Star Wars. I'm running Storm King's Thunder for a year :D I play and run D&D for about 15 years. How would you describe your style of DMing? I like mix between hard RP and going full mechanics. I think I would go for this classic adventuring sandbox with some overarching plot, so it means couple of things: There would be a lot of time to roleplay. You are a team, travelling together and trying to survive. You will meet lots of new people, make some friends and enemies, probably some memorable recurring characters. Worldbuilding! Leaving things behind, returning to them, changing the world. Every combat will be different, might be dangerous, and may be deadly. This way you will think about going into combat, and you will take care of your character. And for each other :D And my personal thing - lots of EPIC STUFF. At some point :D Do you have any rules or restrictions of your own?   Nope, I don't think so :D couple of house rules.
Brother Sharp said: Just wanted to ask you a few questions in regards to this. Have you compiled a time frame where all the currently accepted players are more comfortable playing? Not yet. Sessions won’t necessarily be scheduled on a routine date/time (every other Wednesday at noon, for example), so there’s plenty of room for flexibility. It sounds like most of the group is pretty available, but I’m going to try to work around everyone’s schedules as best I can. Does the applying DM get any rights over which players are accepted or removed thereafter? Great question. To be honest, I hadn’t given it much thought, since my goal is to organize a well-balanced and compatible group from the start. I understand that isn’t always possible, however, and that some adjustments might have to be made. So I would say yes, the DM may decide to add or remove players - within reason (i.e. a player is causing frustration to the DM and/or the rest of the party, refusing to make changes to their character at the DM’s request, working against the party, breaking server rules, etc.) As the server owner, I would only ask that it be discussed with me first. Thank you for your interest! Let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

Edited 1495808417
Withdrawing my offer as your deadline passed. Good luck on your games.