Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Game Text box nonfunctional - Browser reports error in app.js (line 44)

Edited 1495384772
Hi all, Noticed this problem today. Whenever someone performs an action that has a textbox message (be it actually saying something in it, rolling dice, running a macro or something else), nothing happens and all template boxes shrink to black bars. I looked at the browser console and found every time a message would be put to textbox, the same error would occur. As you can see, the error is around app.js and its incoming textchat functionality (as can be seen on the bottom two lines of the error).  This error occurs regardless of device or browser (other players in the game helped me test it out to be sure before I found the issue). This issue can be reproduced by messaging to textbox in a pathfinder game from the looks of it. 15 app.js:44 ignoring message, not gm, and not original player. Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #sheet-rolltemplate-pf_attack 0 {{rounded=rounded at Function.bc.error (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at bh (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at bp (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at bp (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at Function.bc [as find] (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at init.find (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at init (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at p (jquery.1.8.2.min.js:2) at Object.d20.textchat.incoming (app.js:44) at o (app.js:44) EDIT: This appears to be local to the specific game we're in. GM tried other games without issue.
A GM can sometimes fix problems with the chat display by using the Clear Chat Archive option from the Settings dropdown on the game's main page.
Hi Rabulias, That fixed it! Thank you so much for the quick solution!