Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Pathfinder] Four newbies looking for a DM

Hello! I'm in a group of four newbies looking for someone to DM for us. We're thinking Pathfinder, but any game similar to that would work fine for us. Games would be weekly and start at 1:00 or 2:00 PM ET Saturdays. Characters haven't really been worked out yet, but I'd want to be a human sorcerer, one guy wants to be an elf fighter, and the other two are just going to play it by ear—probably a tank and a healer. As for our play style, we're pretty flexible. We're all fairly familiar with concepts of D&D despite never having played—well, one of us has played some—but there are things here and there that we will have to be taught, and we're eager to learn. If we sound like an interesting party, please leave a response! :3
I'd offer to run a game, but that's way too early in the day on Saturdays for me. If I could though, what I would want to know is what are you guys looking for in a game? Do you guys want story to immerse into, are you looking for some story that's mixed with combat, or do you guys just want to hack and slash? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's just that it's an important thing for a DM to know is what the players want to get out of the game. I've had experiences where chemistry didn't work. I'm a story driven DM, and I had a group of new players try to treat it like an MMO. Obviously didn't work out lol. Playing the game is one thing, but it's not fun unless you're able to enjoy the game in a manner you're wanting.
QL299 said: Hello! I'm in a group of four newbies looking for someone to DM for us. We're thinking Pathfinder, but any game similar to that would work fine for us. Games would be weekly and start at 1:00 or 2:00 PM ET Saturdays. Characters haven't really been worked out yet, but I'd want to be a human sorcerer, one guy wants to be an elf fighter, and the other two are just going to play it by ear—probably a tank and a healer. As for our play style, we're pretty flexible. We're all fairly familiar with concepts of D&D despite never having played—well, one of us has played some—but there are things here and there that we will have to be taught, and we're eager to learn. If we sound like an interesting party, please leave a response! :3 Well I could be your Noobie DM, lol I run a steam punk dnd on Thursday's so I can dm your game on Saturdays... you got discord?
Kyle S. said: I'd offer to run a game, but that's way too early in the day on Saturdays for me. If I could though, what I would want to know is what are you guys looking for in a game? Do you guys want story to immerse into, are you looking for some story that's mixed with combat, or do you guys just want to hack and slash? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, it's just that it's an important thing for a DM to know is what the players want to get out of the game. I've had experiences where chemistry didn't work. I'm a story driven DM, and I had a group of new players try to treat it like an MMO. Obviously didn't work out lol. Playing the game is one thing, but it's not fun unless you're able to enjoy the game in a manner you're wanting. I think we're looking for a good balance of story and combat. Pretty much the vanilla experience that you think of when you think of D&D. You seem pretty cool, so I'll see what we can do about the time. Kaiyatsu said: Well I could be your Noobie DM, lol I run a steam punk dnd on Thursday's so I can dm your game on Saturdays... you got discord? Yes, and I meant to put that in the OP, so thanks for reminding me. Discord is required.
I run a 3.5 game. Check out my ad and let me know if you're interested. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4963534/lfp-d-and-d-3-dot-5-homebrew" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4963534/lfp-d-and-d-3-dot-5-homebrew</a>