Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Lighter chat logs

Whenever I try to open the full log of a game that's been through more than a few sessions, it feels like pushing my browser underwater for like a half a minute of time before finally letting them out to breathe. I'm pretty sure it's not healthy and also that there's a better, lighter way to design this thing. Maybe look into that?

Edited 1496765701
After a certain point, I just backed up my old chat archive by saving the entire page to my local machine and then deleted it off Roll20. My new chat archive, being much shorter, loads much faster. I figure I can just keep periodically doing this until they come up with another solution. 
Mr. Farlops said: After a certain point, I just backed up my old chat archive by saving the entire page to my local machine and then deleted it off Roll20. My new chat archive, being much shorter, loads much faster. I figure I can just keep periodically doing this until they come up with another solution.  That's exactly the same thing I'm doing, but it's kind of a clumsy quick fix and the end result isn't going to be very pretty, resulting in a pile of files and the thing there still opens as slowly as it would on the web. I just don't think there's any reason for any chat log to borderline choke the browser to death.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .