Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[5e OGL] 5E Monster Template: Don´t Auto-Roll Damage Bug

If you use a template for one of the monsters (happens with every single one) auto-roll damage and crits is enabled in the character sheet. You can´t disable it properly unless rejoining the game. If you set it to "Don´t auto roll damage" it doesn´t change anything and still rolls the damage if you click on an action.
1495551168

Edited 1495551298
Are you able to reproduce this behaviour in a newly-created Game? If you are, could you please share the exact steps required to do so? Thank you!
Thanks for the fast reply! Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce this bug in a newly-created game.  I don´t know what caused this, I can´t even recreate it in the game where it first occured. I´ll just recreate my steps here real quick, maybe you can think of something that caused this. - I pull a template from the monster compendium. Let´s say a "Wolf" for example. I want to assign it a Token so I can just pull it in every time it´s needed (random encounters and all that).  - I want to make it´s "Bite" action into an ability so I can set it as a token action. - I click on the "Bite" action in the creatures character sheet so I can copy the command and it auto rolls the damage (because that´s the default when you pull templates from the compendium). I don´t want that though, so I disable it - I click on the "Bite" action again. It still auto-rolls the damage. - To fix this I have to re-join the game (re-join as player and then as GM does not work, I have to exit the game and join in again.) - I go into the creatures character sheet, pull up the options and "Auto-Roll damage and crits" is still enabled - I disable it and it works properly This bug appeared the whole day while I was optimizing my macros. If it happens to appear again I´ll make sure to retrace my steps properly and let you know. Have a nice day!
Thanks for the steps! I'll keep an eye out any similar reports that crop up.