Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Jukebox - Playlists and sound effects

Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I was setting up sounds for my game and I noticed that you can play multiple tracks if they are within or without a playlist, however if I'm in a situation where I have like a 10-track playlist for 'Battle Music' and try to play a sound effect that's not part of the playlist, it interrupts the playlist.  Is there a way to have to be able to play tracks of different playlists concurrently? 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
With the base Jukebox, no. However, I wrote a jukebox control script,  Roll20 Audio Master  that allows you to do that.
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
This looks promising. Is the script compatible with normal jukebox usage?  I did read that it doesn't use roll20 jukebox playlists, but can I play the playlist like normal and then use the script to play a sound effect on top of that? Or will I need to recreate the playlists via script for that functionality? 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Richard figured this out in a PM conversation with me, but I'll post the answer here for anyone who comes looking. There is a playlist import function in the script, see the help menu in game or in the script's forum thread for details on usage. This allows you to import your already created playlists and use them going forward.