Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5e Auto-initiative for monsters

I know there's got to be an easier way, but I can't find it. How do you roll initiative for 5e Compendium monsters? There doesn't seem to be an "Initiative" button the way there is for PCs. So what button do I click after I select the token to get it to roll initiative for the selected group of monsters and add it to the Tracker?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You select them then click their name on the character sheet to roll the initiative. (For the OGL sheet)
Thanks! That was not at all clear. I knew there had to be some easy way.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, I had EXACTLY that experience when I tried the OGL sheet. =D
You could also use a generic macro.  That way you don't have to open the character sheet.  Just select the token, hit the macro, repeat for all tokens. This macro should work: @{selected|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=INITIATIVE}} {{mod=[[@{selected|initiative_bonus}[INIT]]]}} {{r1=[[1d20kh1@{selected|halflingluck}+[[@{selected|initiative_bonus}]][INIT] &{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} @{selected|charname_output} Or better yet, upgrade to Pro.  Install Aaron's Group Initiative script.  Select all the tokens, hit a macro, and watch as it automatically pops up the Turn Tracker, adds all of the tokens to the tracker, and automatically sorts it.  Saves so much time and so many clicks...