Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macros: Resolve Line Before Next?

I have a few macros I'm trying to build, which ostensibly resolve damage from a weapon, then need to: check for a sneak attack, and if there was a sneak attack check for a crit on that sneak attack. Three methods of solving this: (1) Roll to hit and store flag if crit Check for sneak attack (user prompt) if sneak attack and crit: sneak attack damage x2 else: sneak attack damage x1 (2) Check for sneak attack (user prompt) Roll to hit, and: if sneak attack and crit: sneak attack damage x2 else: sneak attack damage x1 (3) Roll to hit and check for crit Check for sneak attack (user prompt) Check for crit (user prompt) if sneak attack and crit: sneak attack damage x2 else: sneak attack damage x1 I'm fairly certain #3 is the only one of these that is possible in the roll20 scripting language, but if I'm wrong I would love to know. Even that I can't get to work though. Any comment intended to assist me, or disabuse me of any notion, would be great. Thanks in advance :)

Edited 1495794943
Not possible without using an API script. Which requires the campaign creator to have a Pro subscription. And method three would require different macros.
What sheet are you using?  You may want to create  Ability Command Buttons for sneak attack and attach them to the attack (how you do that depends on the sheet used). This gives you a simple workflow of roll to hit, if it's a sneak attack press the button, if it's a sneak attack that crit press the button twice (depending on the game mechanics).
Bernie do you use a sheet at all or are you trying to achieve this just on a pure Macro basis?, if you use a sheet which sheet do you use?