Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Gauging interest for a 5e game. Likely Tuesday and either Friday or Sunday

I'm an experienced DM with about 28-29 years of experience with D&D tabletop. I'm gauging interest in a new campaign I'm building  (homebrew) called Above & Below. It will be played with 5th Edition rules. The concept is the world is split into two distinct zones: The above, which consists of huge, sprawling sky cities built above the clouds, and the below, which is a series of scattered island nations as well as a tightly connected group of islands that make up a growing empire. Massive ships sail the seas below, carrying small cities' worth of people. Airships soar above, carrying congregations of various sizes. These are the in between. So the concept. I'm looking to running 2-3 sessions per week in this world. It would be 2-3 "core" groups of 5 players each, starting in different areas of the world. Each group would then have their own adventures and stories, all connected to an overarching plot. In addition, are you a player who doesn't have time to play weekly or consistently, but still want to be able to get into a game? Are you a new player looking to test the waters? Maybe, you're looking to play test a new character or class? Well, I'm using this concept to add "guest slots." There would be a limited number of these spaces for people to be guests to the party. These could be for one shot sessions, or multiple sessions. But if you can't make it, the story can still go on! Just wanted to see what kind of interest this gets. Note: This is not a West Marches style game. I've just taken one or two elements from it and worked it in.
I am very interested, and would be available for the tuesday slot likely.((Times would be helpful)). I'd love to discuss the game with you, see if perhaps I'd be a good fit. You can contact me in private message here or on Discord @ Wandarer#6134.
That sounds like a lot of fun.  I'm available during Tuesday and Friday. I'm new to roll20 though, i don't even know how to create a character on here. My group were using the 5e character apps and making boards.  I'm very open about which group i could fit in with, i just want to play again. My group disbanded since the DM is moving. 
Sounds interesting. I could go in for Friday or Sunday, and possibly Tuesday depending on the starting time; have another game that day starting 4PM AST. What kind of a magic/tech level are you looking at? Like.. would there be space for clerics, druids, wizards and sorcerers, would a rogue be using a crossbow or a flintlock, etc. How about races?
Magic and tech levels depend on the area of the world. There are firearms in the world, the most commonly advanced being revolver's and bolt-action rifles. However, magic is still very much prominent. Races and classes I am allowing from any published source to include: PHB, EE Companion, SCAG, Volo's, UA, and MTG 5e Compatible books. I also work with homebrew but need to approve it for balance. Keep in mind, depending on the race or class (ua) I may need to make adjustments for balance or I may not allow it if it doesn't fit into the world. Mostly, I find a way for it to fit. Also, I allow Mercer's blood Hunter class and gunslinger archetype, as well as his bard college.
Definitely interested, then; what you've got so far sounds like it has a lot of opportunities for interesting developments.
Sounds like a concept with lots of opportunities . May I ask what timezone you are in ?
U.S. Eastern Time.
I'm interested and I'm free pretty much anytime of the week
Tim R. said: U.S. Eastern Time. Evenings?  I could do afternoons every other Tuesday (1-4 pm eastern).
I'm very interested in a reliable weekday game.. I'm in pst and flexible on the day and time during the setup.
This sounds really interesting. I'd love to join you on tuesdays and/or fridays... my saturdays are full already. I've been playing D&D off and on since 1e, and 5th since it was new basically. I can play pretty much anything, and have done. No real preference or anything planned yet, I'd rather work with the party and fill out a spot that isn't already there. PM me if you'd like to talk more. i also have skype and discord.
Thanks for all of the interest! I'm building the game in roll20 still, getting maps and such done. Anyone interested, please pm me your discord names and I'll add you to the channel. This way I can sort you guys out when it's time to add to the game.
If you're still looking for players, I have a group of three of us who would be very interested in a setting like this and joining one of your games. We can play reliably either one day of the week or on weekend evenings, or both. Two players are in PST and I'm in EST. 
Colour me totally into this idea. I also might have 2 other ppl looking to join for the weekend sessions.
seems interesting, Devon A. told me about it.
Sounds fun on a bun, I'd have to ask you a little bit more about the world before I can craft a character though! I'm one of the peeps Devon A mentioned.
Yo this sounds super neat I'm down.
This is a very interesting theory and i would love to take part in
I would very interested in this, specifically Tuesday nights. 
I'm down to play, not that experienced in DnD besides one full campaign in high school (3 years ago) and a few one-shots here and there. If there is still space in the Tuesday slots I'm down
Throwing my hat in the ring for the tuesday group.