Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pro Member and Co-GM

AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Something I have noticed is that a CO-GM only has access to the API Especially when two or more people are working on scripts & sheets together it becomes hard as only one person can update the custom sheets. So not sure if this is a bug or an enhancement or if we need a different option to allow people to work together on Sheets.
I would posit that this is not a bug, but working as intended. You really don't want more than one person working on a sheet at once, and if you do have multiple people working on it, you want them doing so in their own instance of it. Let's say I'm working on a change, and so is GM-A, if I save, GM-A's work is invalid, and if he then saves, my work is deleted. Why the API management is available to co-GM's is a bit beyond me, but it is just script work. If you mess it up, it just stops working, go back and fix or remove. If someone is tinkering with your carefully crafted sheet and deletes a vital attribute, it could be days to figure out what went wrong where and fix it in larger sheets and even then, there could be a myriad of other issues by then if the person keeps making changes.
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
What you say may be true in a normal game but not in a session specifically setup to collaborate on changes for a sheet. And I would assume if you make people CO-GM you would discuss editing of scripts and sheets with them. Only the creator of a game can make people a CO-GM so I would assume he will not jsut make anyone a co-GM that will mess things up? I might be wrong however. TO me this is a bug, I would rather have a option when I make someone a co-GM to select whether they can or cannot edit Scripts or Sheets.
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
The idea on posting it here is so that we can have a discussion around it and see if anyone feels like me or everyone just thinks I am full of sh*t :) Maybe it needs to become a suggestion, maybe I am one of very few people that work with other people on sheets and scripts and feel this is an easier way. So yes I welcome all discussions on this :)

Edited 1495914782
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Aqua Alex . It is currently intended behaviour for promoted GMs to not have access to the Game Settings Page . If you would like to see a change to this intended behaviour, please do create a Suggestion, as you mentioned. Thanks!
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Silvyre said: Hi, Aqua Alex . It is currently intended behaviour for promoted GMs to not have access to the Game Settings Page . If you would like to see a change to this intended behaviour, please do create a Suggestion, as you mentioned. Thanks! In that case maybe close this item then. Just strange that API is allowed but not sheets.