Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Gaming Services

So right now this campaign is being run off of two Web services: Roll20 and Obsidian Portal. However, their features overlap substantially; it's possible that we only need one (and that one would be Roll20, as OP doesn't provide a VTT (virtual tabletop), which we need for remote gaming). Which is good, because they're both $5/mo (well, not really; they're both free, but I like the paid services, and some of them are necessary). Frankly I wouldn't mind using both, but if Roll20 gives us everything we need, then we'll just host everything here. Thoughts are welcome. One thing Roll20 seems to lack is a Calendar feature, which seems useful.  We'll talk about scheduling the next session once Jesse joins.
there's no calendar, but at least there's the option to schedule the next game. Maybe we should skip OP and just use a calendar service through google or something?  Are there any other significant advantages to Obsidian Portal?
The Wiki, for one. Anyway, I convinced them to give me a free year, so we'll use both for now.
Well my email settings didn't block Obsidian Portal at first like it did with my invite to here, but now that it's all worked out, sounds like six of one, half a dozen the other.