Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Torg Eternity]

Edited 1509240992
GM Matt
Sheet Author
Torg Eternity v 2.0 Pull request went out today (October 19). Hopefully version 2.0 will be live soon.  In the meantime, I've put together a tutorial on the TE 2.0 character sheet. You can view it  here . There are a lot of updates to this one, but the main thing I've done is roll templates and roll buttons to the character sheet. This nicely automates some of the things that players will be doing in the game. The roll templates do some of the math for you, and if you add a few macros into the mix, you should be well on your way to having a fairly well automated Torg game, if you want one. The roll templates need to be documented so that they can be used in your macros. I'll try to get that done soon. Also, I'll try to put up a YouTube tutorial for using the new sheet once I get a chance. I will try to make sure this version is stable and relatively bug-free after an initial round of feedback. After that, I'm probably going to step away as the main author for this sheet. I just don't think I can take it any farther with the skill set that I have right now. I would need to become substantially more adept at css to get this sheet to the next level (which is definitely a cosmetic overhaul). Maybe someone else will take up the torch from there... - GM Matt
I'm a long time Fantasy Ground user but some of my buddies and I, who played the original, are very excited about the opportunity to play Eternity once it's released. That said, we now need an online version to allow us to do so. Roll20 is definitely an option if that's where opportunity leads us. Have you continued to work on the project? Are others interested in this? I would be completely new to R20 but more than willing to aid if it gets us the platform necessary to enjoy the reboot of Torg.
Hey Bret- Yes, there is definitely a lot of interest in getting Torg Eternity working on Roll20. If you want to see the character sheet in its current iteration, you an join the game in the original post. It has no automation, but places for all of the essential information. The game should be perfectly playable on Roll20 on day one as is. I'll also be running a session using the sheet during Roll20 Con this weekend (the session will use the Free RPG Day packet that was distributed last Saturday). That will be the first time the sheet is used in a live game. - Matt
Thanks for the reply, Matt. Is it possible to lurk during Free RPG Day? I'd love to see Roll20 in action.
You can watch the whole game at twitch.tv/gm_matt. It should also get posted to my YouTube channel after that.
Matt, what is your channel? I'd be happy to check it out.

Edited 1498941817
GM Matt
Sheet Author
@ Bret - you can find my twitch channel  here . My YouTube  channel also has a replay of the stream.
Well, now I have alot of research (into Roll20) to do before I am knwledgable enough to ask intelligent questions...
Christopher - If you have any questions - even if they are very basic - don't hesitate to send me a PM. I'll try to help. - Matt
How about including the bonus chart on the bottom of the home page?
@Sean - I'll make a note to consider that for a future version. But first I want to think through whether that makes sense in Roll20. You're generally OUT of the character sheet and on the tabletop when the time comes to see what became of your dice roll, so it might be better to have it on each tabletop and/or in a handout than on the sheet.
i don't see the STR attribute?
@Tia - its showing up on mine. Its the last one listed on the left side of the page. Is yours not showing up? Can you send a screen shot?
SORRY mat, i mean the attribute on the...atrribute section of the sheet. Wow thats confusing.  Not the actual sheet but the tab section of the whole thing.
And I meant SPI