Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map Release: Earth and Storm Temples

Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Earth and storm are the tortoise and the hare for the elements.  They get along especially poorly on race day.  I have temples for both now available on the marketplace.  
They both look great. I really liked all of your elemental temple sets. Hopefully one day you make some additional things to add onto them.
wow
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks folks! Santa N.: What additional items or maps would make them more useful for you? Also I want to thank you in general for your always clear great feedback.  Thanks! 
Gabriel P: What I'd like to see wouldn't be temple based but more elemental focused areas in general. I really like these sets a lot and there's a lot I'd like to see made of them so sorry if this response is long. I'd like a bit more of the big 30x30 & 15x15 maps for variety. I'm a big fan of the elemental plane creatures and the four genies from D&D so I immediately thought to try and use some of these for lair encounters. I like your earth and fire temple sets the best and since I really like how they are designed I know I'm going to use them a lot. A thone room, royal hall or some other large area that looks like where rulers or nobles would be could be great, something with abit more open space. The the top middle of large section 2 30x30 in the fire temple set could have made a great place for a throne if it didn't have that wall separating the top part. So something like the great hall or dwarf temple map pieces in your dwarven hold 1 set would be nice for each of the elements. Possibly elemental themed arena maps. The large section 4 30x30 from the earth temple set looks like a great arena for nobles to watch prisoners fight. So possibly have a platform surrounded by lava sort of like large map 4 30x30 from the Labyrinthine Dungeon 2. Then possibly an area surrounded by water for the water temple. Not sure what to do for the storm temple themed arena. I'd also like it if there were more 15x15 sized maps that only had one opening. When experimenting with the fire and earth temple sets using the 15x15s, I kept finding an extra hallway to build onto that I didn't always have room to add an extra area to and just adding the end wall made it stand out. So if I left it as is, the way the maps are designed would make my players think there's a secret room over there even if I didn't make one; especially with the fire temple since it has the lava ducts. Then there's a few things here and there I'd like to see just for looks or customization. Water fall overlays or a whirlpool for the water temple. Falling lava over lays or pices to add where the lava is coming out of the ground for the fire temple similar to the lava pool overlays in your lava caves set. The circular platform with the lightning bolt design under the storm orbs in the storm temple set. Possibly partially ruined elemental areas similar to some of the maps in your Labyrinthine Dungeon 3 set; large map 2 30x30 would look great styled after the fire temple with lava instead of water. Maybe stone, crystal or metal furniture to fill the rooms, most of the furniture tokens online tend to be made of wood and feel a little out of place. Hidden tunnel tiles for the other temples similar to the storm and earth temple's for customization. Possibly make a variant of the hidden tunnel tiles but with make the pathway more similar to the tunnel connectors from your cave con-struction 1 set so the temples can connect to undeveloped hidden caverns (other Save vs Cave sets). Sorry for the wall of text. You really hit a home run with these sets this time Gabriel.
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Wonderfull thank you!  No need to apologize for taking your personal time to offer insightful and articulate feedback.  I'll copy this to my notes to consult when looking at future addtions to these sets.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Portals! that's my input. 
MeditatingMunky: Yeah, that'd be good too. I like using Gabriel's portal from his cursed woods set in forests. But everywhere else I've been using these from Mythic Portal Games. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1146/por" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/1146/por</a>... But considering how good Gabriel's planar gate and planar breach tokens look from his faster caster series, Gabriel can make some awesome portals and spell effects. If he doesn't make any new portals, you could always use some of the stuff in this set or the other link I posted; both are really good. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/468/fast" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/468/fast</a>...