Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Our own GM compendiums

We need to be able to edit and make our own compendiums. I am tired of making characters over and over again. I know about the duplicate function and the vault system but those are not enough. As a GM I would find us having tools to expand the compendium even if its just ourselves and it takes space from the allotted space on each account very useful 
If all you want to be able to do is drag and drop from one campaign into another... make a Vault campaign and transmogrify all the monsters into that campaign and then bring them back into other campaigns as needed.

Edited 1496507500
You can also toss a vote to this suggestion: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2940484/custom-compendium" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2940484/custom-compendium</a>
Rabulias said: You can also toss a vote to this suggestion: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2940484/custom-compendium" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2940484/custom-compendium</a> I have voted thank you so much.
Sky said: If all you want to be able to do is drag and drop from one campaign into another... make a Vault campaign and transmogrify all the monsters into that campaign and then bring them back into other campaigns as needed. That is function&nbsp;which is clunky, to begin with but no this is not what I mean. I need spells, items and other things that I might want to drag and drop. I get the idea that roll20 wants to sell Wizards of the Coast content and other companies with which they have deals. But we are users of the Roll20 websites and paying customers. I like roll20 and this is something that they must work on if they hope to keep the people that like to customize their content.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The good news for you is that the devs have regularly expressed an interest in custom and local compendiums as well as continued development of other OGL system compendiums. These things take time however and they aren't going to open that can of worms until the current available compendiums are perfect... with a small dev team it's a case of 'watch this space' but they have just doubled their dev team resource... :)
Ziechael said: The good news for you is that the devs have regularly expressed an interest in custom and local compendiums as well as continued development of other OGL system compendiums. These things take time however and they aren't going to open that can of worms until the current available compendiums are perfect... with a small dev team it's a case of 'watch this space' but they have just doubled their dev team resource... :) I don't see how it is a can of worms, the current compendiums for 5e dnd work pretty well so well they actually sell it as the monsters manual.&nbsp;
The Compendia include more than just monsters. Spells, feats, classes, equipment, races, etc., are all aspects to be considered.
It's a can of worms because it allows people to put copyright material up for free.
Sky said: It's a can of worms because it allows people to put copyright material up for free. Well, its personalized compendiums, meaning you probably shouldn't be able to share those.&nbsp; Also if you are going to put the copyright argument, that is valid for any platform. You don't see youtube, twitch, fantasy grounds, tabletop or any other platform shut down. The purity argument is invalid because piracy will always exist and given the fact that most people in roll20 are probably using copyrighted content for tokens, maps, music and so on.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Closing as this is a redundant post