Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Questions About Creating Modules

Edited 1497011188
hi there i have been thinking that, with a little more effort, i could take the material that i am creating for my current campaign, and package it for the marketplace. for now i have decided to try and create new material in a format that could be exported to the marketplace if i did decide to go ahead with that. i am thinking specifically of creating a series of modules. on that note i have a few questions... - how are character sheets handled? it appears to me that, by default, a given game may support one and only one character sheet template. i see that Plus users get All Access Vault, does that allow multiple character sheet templates to appear within a single game? how does this work when i create my module? i would like to use the default character sheet template ("None") for NPCs and monsters, how can i ensure that someone who purchases the module is able to import this content into their game? - what is the best way to key locations? suppose my module contains ten maps. suppose one of the maps is a typical dungeon with numbered rooms. what is the best format for room descriptions? should i use a handout for that? should i type text into the handout, or attach a PDF to it? is there any way to link a handout to its corresponding map? or can location descriptions somehow be entered directly onto a map? - what is roll20's policy with regard to me taking a module that i have created for the marketplace and redistributing that content outside of roll20? for example, suppose that i take a roll20 module that i have created, and repackage it as a PDF, for free or paid distribution, either to people who purchased the module in roll20, or to others? i would be grateful for any info. kind regards, erik

Edited 1497017282
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
I presume my buyers have free accounts so lots of Macro tomfoolery for me. I also do versions for specific sheets, It makes things a bit easier for me mentally and also I figured would make it easier on the DMs. I use basically Diana Ps 3.5E sheet and the 5E OGL. I do include stuff for Pro accounts, particularly Dynamic Lighting, and also try to add a suitable ambient soundscape. Whatever method you use for the location information is fine so long as it is consistent. Handout by room, master handouts, Macro stuff... as long as it is basically done the same way all the time it is probably fine. the rest of that... send an email to the Team. <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>