Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Giving Players Access to Status FX API ???

PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Is it possible to give players access to Special things like Status FX API features. Allowing them to be able to draw and cast beams just like the DM?

Edited 1497564853
Gold
Forum Champion
Sort of. Players can use FX via macros. As far as I know there isn't a way to give them the Special FX tool that's on the GM's tool bar.  The ones that can be accessed through a macro --- these can be an FX (like a Nova burst) centered on a Token controlled by a player; and they can also be FX that use a targeting line which originates from a token. What's lacking is the full mouse-controlled, move-around the screen type of FX that only the GM can do from the toolbar as far as I know. Is this really an API question, Joshua? If you're asking something about API, my answer is non-API. Here are some examples of Macros you can tell to your Players, or as GM you can make the Macros and set them to "All Players" and "Token Action". I'm Bleeding /fx splatter-blood @{selected|token_id} @{selected|token_id} /fx glow-blood @{selected|token_id} @{selected|token_id} /fx bubbling-blood @{selected|token_id} @{selected|token_id} fxBolt /fx beam-holy @{selected|token_id} fxBurn used for Burning Hands /fx breath-fire fxCone used for Color Spray /fx breath-magic fxFire /fx beam-fire @{selected|token_id} fxNova /fx nova-?{Color|AcidGreen,acid|BloodRed,blood|CharmPink,charm|DeathBlack,death|FireOrange,fire|HolyYellow,holy|MagicCandy,magic|WaterBlue,water} @{selected|token_id}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
If you're referring to the Status FX API Script: the FX are triggered by setting a status marker. Players can set the status markers of Token that they have permission to control. Therefore, players can trigger the script for Tokens that they control.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
So On the status FX API script, if you trigger it by a status marker would that allow the player to do a direct line to some other place. @gold Man you are a dream come true I could kiss you, but I won't, Cheers Mate!

Edited 1497571654
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Joshua Kurz said: So On the status FX API script, if you trigger it by a status marker would that allow the player to do a direct line to some other place. I don't think Status FX supports the mouse-controlled aiming of "beam-like" effects. However, the direction of those effects can be pre-specified: If it is a beam-like effect (such as beam, breath, splatter, or a custom effect whose definition has an angle of -1), also enter the vector for the effect's direction in the form [X, Y] . Beam-like effects can also be given a random vector with [random] . So, if you're looking to use the UI to aim effects by mouse, Gold's solution is probably best!
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
So after looking over what you guys told me I was able to Come up with some really kool features Here are some kool things that I was able to make for a macro button for the players, and yes the line click works and for the beams using these macros. Line Spells /fx beam-?{Color|AcidGreen,acid|BloodRed,blood|CharmPink,charm|DeathBlack,death|FireOrange,fire|HolyYellow,holy|MagicCandy,magic|WaterBlue,water} @{selected|token_id} Cone Spells /fx breath-?{Color|AcidGreen,acid|BloodRed,blood|CharmPink,charm|DeathBlack,death|FireOrange,fire|HolyYellow,holy|MagicCandy,magic|WaterBlue,water} @{selected|token_id} They work wonderfully. I thank you all for your amazing support. But I have another question. I would like know if you can help make a simple beam effect with the bubbling splatter in the Status FX custom Script I don't want the beam being longer then 1 square, with a blood splatter or bubbling red. Basically I want to allow the player to be able to use it the same way casters do for a melee strike to add some since of special effects for the melee warriors. { "maxParticles": 100, "emissionRate": 3, "size": 35, "sizeRandom": 15, "lifeSpan": 10, "lifeSpanRandom": 3, "speed": 3, "speedRandom": 1.5, "gravity": {"x":0.01, "y":0.01}, "angle": 0, "angleRandom": 180, "duration": -1, "startColour": [220, 35, 0, 1], "startColourRandom": [62, 0, 0, 0.25], "endColour": [220, 35, 0, 0], "endColourRandom": [60, 60, 60, 0] } I don't understand all of these meanings.
The meanings are explained here and you can find a lot of examples here and here (with description of the points too). I'm not sure, but I don't think it's possible (yet) to do that with the length. Regards