Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Assets incorrect size when dragged to map

Hi all, I'm having issues with assets defaulting to either a 3 x 3  or 1 x 1 size when I drag them from the library. I've had a search of the forums and it seems other people have had the issue in the past, but none of the solutions I've found work for me (hold down alt, drag into a different layer, turn grid off, different browser etc) I feel like I must be doing something wrong, as I can't believe this is how Roll20 works, but I'm not having any luck figuring it out. Is anyone able to advise if this is a common problem, and if there is a way around it? Right now I'm stuck with using another tool to make my maps, whereas I really want to move everything to Roll20.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
It happens all the time to me. Every image I drag to the Map Layer is 2 by 3 units. I just resize them from there. 
Eeek, that does not bode well. Unfortunately I don't have the patience to resize everything. I'm glad I've only purchased one set of Marketplace assets then, although it's a shame because they were pretty lovely.
Simon S. said: Eeek, that does not bode well. Unfortunately I don't have the patience to resize everything. I'm glad I've only purchased one set of Marketplace assets then, although it's a shame because they were pretty lovely. Personally, I use maptool to create big maps with tiles. You can export the finished map as a single, flat image and it will load faster and take up less space.
Maptool is what I'm currently using as well, I just wanted to dispense with it altogether, but it seems like that old warhorse will have to serve me still.  I think I will create the walls / floor in Maptool, export the map, then add doors and objects later on Roll20 (I like to be able to drag tables, chairs, statues etc around, since players might use them to barricade doors, or throw at enemies for example) Cheers for your feedback :)
Yeah, I only put stuff that usually won't be moved around on the map in MapTool and then detail rooms and such with doors and the like in Roll20.
Hi everybody! This topic is on our radar and we are considering options for the future.
Awesome! Cheers for the update :)