Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Tigres Volants] Problem displaying french accents

I'm not really sure if I'm reporting this on the right forum. sorry if it's wrong I tried using the Tigres Volants character sheet but I ended up with a sheet with symbols (chinese I think and other letters). I tried on Chrome and Firefox I tried another french sheet (Oltréé) wondering if it was the same but no : I checked in the github repo if there was any big differences and I can't see one. For example: this is on the tigres volants html file : and this is on the Oltréé one : I'd like to know why there is this problem and how can it be corrected. Thank you.
This is typically a character encoding problem. Check the top of the HTML sheet, it should say which encoding it's using.
But it seems that theres no meta tag in any sheets, and roll20 already encodes its website with utf-8. that's why it seems so weird ...

Edited 1498230178
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
From trying out things a bit with my text editor, the source file seems to be Windows Latin 1-encoded instead of utf-8. EDIT: I just re-saved the file in utf-8 encoding and opened a pull request for Roll20 to fix this.
Thanks !