Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped] Macro Assistance?

I'm using the shaped character sheet version 11.3.3 in a game and need to set up Green Flame Blade and Divine Smite macros on my sorcadin.  [Divine Smite](~Kelmyse Pekkan|repeating_classfeature_-KmK_kmsAqjxlkBO5zYj_action) is what I have at the moment. I know that I have the character ID and name correct, but I can't find what else is screwing up with it.
What is the error you get? I also ask to make sure it is a class feature and not in the trait, feat, or racial feature box. Finally, check the surrounding code. It is easy to miss some brackets. Paste the entire thing here if you want other eyes on it.
HLazar said: What is the error you get? "No ability was found for %{Kelmyse Pekkan|repeating_classfeature_kmsAqjxlkBO5zYj_action}" and "{{text_center=[Divine Smite](~Kelmyse Pekkan|repeating_classfeature_-KmK_kmsAqjxlkBO5zYj_action)}}" is what I have listed under attachers. The line under my flail is written in the freetext session and the line written in my attachers section is in the freeform section. HLazar said: Paste the entire thing here if you want other eyes on it. Should I have more text than I do? What other parts would I be missing? What I've posted is everything I have enetered.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks like your ID is wrong. It should not have an underscore in it. That is causing problems. Try to get it again or use the $0 syntax.
Kryx said: It should not have an underscore in it. That is exactly what is output using the @{selected|character_id} command. That's also what is output when I use the Attacks>Weapon>Up Arrow method. How should I set up $0 to reference divine smite?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The ID should be of the repeating section item, not the character ID. @{selected|character_id} will return the character ID. See the documentation for how to get the repeating section ID.
[Divine Smite](~Kelmyse Pekkan|repeating_classfeature_-KmKhDh9t7Uhqji6suxK_action) is what I have now. Instead of an error message, I'm now getting just a black line below my attack when I click on the divine smite button. I suppose my problem now is not referencing Divine Smite correctly.  {{text_center=[Divine Smite](~Kelmyse Pekkan|repeating_classfeature_-KmKhDh9t7Uhqji6suxK_action)}} is what I have in my attacher.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please include a screenshot of the sheet and the output. It's hard to understand what you have. Does clicking on Divine Smite directly work?
Kryx said: Please include a screenshot of the sheet and the output. It's hard to understand what you have. Does clicking on Divine Smite directly work? Divine Smite does work correctly, here are screenshots of my ouput, weapon macro, and attachment.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Send me an invite please.
I'm not the DM, but I've pm'd him on Discord to let him know. Thanks for putting so much into getting this to work for me.
Did you get the invite?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I edited Kelmyse Pekkan3 as that is the only sheet I had access to. It seems you had the ID of the class feature incorrect. Fixing that fixed it.
I don't have access to a computer atm to see your handiwork, but I'll assume you got it working. Thank you.