Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

I have a players getting this error for any rolls she trys

TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined. it started half way through a session and we are all lost on what happened
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm sorry to hear that your player having issues with the site. Could you your player to please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1497807684
Silvyre
Forum Champion
That error typically is associated with the misuse of Attribute calls (e.g. within a macro). From the Wiki: Attribute calls (e.g. @{AC}) that are not placed within one of tabs of a Character Window (e.g. within a field on the Character Sheet Tab or within an Ability on the Attributes & Abilities Tab ) must use a keyword to let the parser know which Character you intend to call that Attribute from (e.g. @{selected|AC}). Using a Selected Token with a Macro Using a Targeted Token with a Macro My guess is that your player is attempting to use a Collections Macro that contains an Attribute call without a keyword.
Got it, she put {} in her character name
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Glad the issue was this easy to work out.  Closing this thread as resolved, but if you have any other issues or concerns pop up, please don't hesitate to start a new thread!