Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Uploading character information to a charactersheet

Edited 1497975836
I'm writing character creation software in Java and was wondering if there was a way to create a character using the API. So, for example, the player would create a character in my software and I would have an "Upload to Roll20" button that would do just that. What tools are available in Roll20 for me to accomplish this, ideally importing directly to the character vault? Thanks! Edit: I've seen the import scripts, but was hoping to avoid using them.  Edit 2: I'm not looking for programming advice, just if this functioality is availabe in any of the public API.

Edited 1497976258
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The API cannot interact with any out of game processes, and even in game it can only interact with specific things. See the  API wiki for what objects can be manipulated. You could potentially write something into your program that would type the info into the chat to then be parsed by a custom API to create the character. I'm currently working on a companion for the Pathfinder sheet, and one of its features is a statblock importer, so I feel your pain, but statblock import is probably your best bet for accomplishing this. Out of curiosity, what system are you writing this for?
V&V 3.0 / Mighty Protectors.  I'll look into the API to see what I can come up with. Thanks for the advice!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
np, and good luck