Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about sharing custom character sheets.

Edited 1498156467
Am I able to give access to a customized sheet I made as a Pro member to a non-Pro GM for a game I'm a part of? The only mentions I've seen about using custom sheets just talk about setting them up for a game you create yourself and I couldn't find a clearer answer. Any help is appreciated.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The creator of a game can load a sheet (custom sheet if they are a pro subscriber) via the game settings menu.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Only games created by a Pro subscriber can use Custom Character sheets.  One workaround for that, I've heard, is to have the Creator of the game go Pro for a month, during that month upload the custom character sheet and let the subscription end. I've heard when a subscription ends, the character sheet would still remain, but the owner would lose the ability to modify the sheet (or use an updated version of the sheet).
Finderski said: Only games created by a Pro subscriber can use Custom Character sheets.  One workaround for that, I've heard, is to have the Creator of the game go Pro for a month, during that month upload the custom character sheet and let the subscription end. I've heard when a subscription ends, the character sheet would still remain, but the owner would lose the ability to modify the sheet (or use an updated version of the sheet). This is correct and what I do for friends with some of my sheets.
Since I am a pro member, I sometimees host a custom sheet for my GM's.  I have to grant the GM the GM status, and log in as a player, but is can work.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Coal Powered Puppet said: Since I am a pro member, I sometimees host a custom sheet for my GM's.  I have to grant the GM the GM status, and log in as a player, but is can work. And doing this has the added benefit of giving API access to the game, as well as all the other perks of a Pro subscription. :)