Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Microphone

So I have several microphones on my computer. One is my gaming headset, one is in my webcam, and one is a snowball mic. For some reason Roll 20 only likes to work with the webcam mic. I hadn't noticed in other sessions because I had my webcam plugged in for video as well. But today I forgot and it wouldn't detect my snowball, or my gaming headset. I've tried everything I can think of/find online. I made sure the mic I wanted was my computers default. I made sure the website had permission to access my mic. I tried restarting the website. I tried restarting my computer. I tried reconnecting. I tried unplugging and plugging back in. And the microphones work, I did test recordings with microsoft's voice recorder, I enabled listen on the mic and could hear myself.  I figured out how to get something to work by plugging in my webcam so its not the end of the world. But I already have this nicer microphone that I would like to be broadcasting with if possible. 

Edited 1498217985
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 uses the browsers default microphone (which by default will be default lol) and therefore should pick up your computers default settings. I sometimes I have issues when I have multiple devices plugged in so it might be worth checking what is set for the browser. Chrome for example paste the following url and scroll down to the microphone settings: chrome://settings/content For Firefox, click the camera symbol to the left of the url bar and select your preferred hardware there.