Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for First Time Players for a Simple System Game with a First time GM

First time GM looking for first time player to play with. Simple system will be used. Background: You and and several other people were at a bar one night, all on your own different ventures when one by one you were lured onto a ship by a young maiden claiming to have a map that lead to a great treasure. Once on the ship you are ambushed by a group of pirates. You are knocked unconscious. You wake up to find yourself in a cell with several other people and of which have been stripped of their armor and weapons like you. You have been locked in a below deck cell that is around 10 feet by 10 feet with large metal bars that are roughly 5 inches apart. The floor of the cell has moldy wooden floorboard that reech of time spent at sea. There is very little space in the cell for you and your party to move around. The ship gently rocks side to side and the faint sound of waves can be heard through the small port hole in your cell. The faint smell of sea water and rotting fish lingers in the air. Youre cell seems to be located in the storage area of the ship were large barrels of food and other questionable contents are being stored. There is also the chest that contains your weapons and armor just out of reach. Periodically the pirate standing guard will come and change posts. Right now there is a young human pirate with long black hair pulled back in a bun with tanned skin. He is close to 6 feet tall and has a massive build.He wears a loose fitting white shirt that is stained with age and covered in patches and wears wore black trousers. He is barefoot and is sitting on the ground carving something out of wood with a knife. You and the others are unaware of what will happen to you when you reach your destination. You don’t know why they are keeping you alive and what use they have for you, but you assume that whatever it is, is not good. The unnamed human guard holds the keys to your cell and with it also holds any hope of our freedom. What do you do?
This piques my interest What is the "Simple System"? And what time/timezone? I would like to join
I'm down, been looking for a group to play with since I'm new. And same question, what is the "Simple System"?
I would also like to know what the simple system is and would like to join with some new players to help them learn.
I am interested depending on the time and day. While i am not exactly new I don't really no much about a lot of systems but a few rules here and there that are not 5e and even 5e is something I am still reading on
I am a new player and I am interested! What time zone and what day??
Did someone mention new players? (: Fresh from reading the D&D's player handbook and excited to start something, that's me! If you're still in need of people, count me in! You didn't mention your timezone or how we'd play this but I'm pretty flexible and willing to learn! 
I'm interested too!
All of us are waiting on Hailey to come online and answer some questions lol
Great setup!  Count me interested as well.  I've played  D&D RPG's before, but we're talking decades ago now.  I played a FATE system game a couple years ago, and I caught the gaming bug again.
the story sounds interesting and i would like to join
I'm entirely new to all of this, never used roll20 nor played an RP game, but i've watched and listened to plenty podcast and have a general idea of how it works, would be great to play with some new folks so i can figure it out the basic rules and etiquette. I would like to know a bit more about the game and the time, i'm have a very open schedule right now and i'm excited to learn, please PM me if there still space.
I'd be interested too, I'm in the UK (currently GMT+1) and only been watching High Rollers and now wanting to venture into playing myself if there is space?