Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hero lab import isnt working for pathfinder sheet

few weeks ago started a game with a group on here and used hero labs to set up my character sheet and have been using it to keep it updated this week the xml file exported form hero labs isnt working dont know why but first 17 lines have errors: { "html": { "body": { "parsererror": { "h3": [ "This page contains the following errors:", "Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error." ], "div": { "_style": "font-family:monospace;font-size:12px", "__text": "error on line 3 at column 1: Document is empty\n" }, "_style": "display: block; white-space: pre; border: 2px solid #c77; padding: 0 1em 0 1em; margin: 1em; background-color: #fdd; color: black" } } } }
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you following the  HeroLab Character Import instructions Aaron?   Also, are you trying to re-import an updated HeroLab character into an existing roll20 Pathfinder sheet(which I'm not sure should be done...) or are you trying to import a new HL character?
Vince said: Are you following the  HeroLab Character Import instructions Aaron?   Also, are you trying to re-import an updated HeroLab character into an existing roll20 Pathfinder sheet(which I'm not sure should be done...) or are you trying to import a new HL character? Yes I have like I said worked before for updating my roll20 pathfinder sheet now first 17 lines have errors and don't know how to fix the format

Edited 1498409080
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Aaron B. said: Vince said: Are you following the  HeroLab Character Import instructions Aaron?   Also, are you trying to re-import an updated HeroLab character into an existing roll20 Pathfinder sheet(which I'm not sure should be done...) or are you trying to import a new HL character? Yes I have like I said worked before for updating my roll20 pathfinder sheet now first 17 lines have errors and don't know how to fix the format Are you trying to import(update) into a previously imported HL character?  Are you getting the error with a brand new character?  Thanks
Vince said: Aaron B. said: Vince said: Are you following the  HeroLab Character Import instructions Aaron?   Also, are you trying to re-import an updated HeroLab character into an existing roll20 Pathfinder sheet(which I'm not sure should be done...) or are you trying to import a new HL character? Yes I have like I said worked before for updating my roll20 pathfinder sheet now first 17 lines have errors and don't know how to fix the format Are you trying to import(update) into a previously imported HL character?  Are you getting the error with a brand new character?  Thanks Previously import Hl character
Owen I get home at 5 I'll post the first 17 lines of my xml file I know the site trying to tell me how to fix it just don't understand it
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
James W. is the mastermind behind the built-in HeroLab Character import.  I'm sure he'll come along shortly and rectify things.  You might send a PM in case he doesn't pick up the thread.
Vince said: James W. is the mastermind behind the built-in HeroLab Character import.  I'm sure he'll come along shortly and rectify things.  You might send a PM in case he doesn't pick up the thread. Thank you for the help Vince i tried it again just now and it randomly started working again dont know what i did differently but oh well.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Happens often.  No worries.  Glad you got it working.  Cheers
Vince said: Happens often.  No worries.  Glad you got it working.  Cheers Did figure out what I did was coping and pasting the xml text into notepad++ this time I right clicked my xml file and hit edit with notepad++ then copy past into codebeauty site i guess something is added by copy past into text file
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes i think James says we have to paste into notepad first. there are screwey invisible things. maybe we should make those instructions stand out.
chris b. said: yes i think James says we have to paste into notepad first. there are screwey invisible things. maybe we should make those instructions stand out. yea i think so to because the current instructions at least didnt work for me had to saved the xml file right click edit with notpad++ then copy and paste all that inot second text file then copy and paste it into codebeauty. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Aaron B. said: yea i think so to because the current instructions at least didnt work for me had to saved the xml file right click edit with notpad++ then copy and paste all that inot second text file then copy and paste it into codebeauty.  Isn't that what the HeroLab Character Import instructions say to do?
export your profile as a xml file open copy past into notepad then copy past it from the txt file to codebeauty but when i do that i get 17 format errors but when i right click the xml edit iwth notepad++ then copy paste to a new txt file from there then to codebeauty i dont get the errors it works the way it was meant to