Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] [D&D 5e] Highly experienced player who has taken a new player under his wings.

Edited 1498457748
Name:  Bryan and Matt Experience:  Have been playing D&D for 15 years. Started with 3rd Edition. Experienced with Roll20. Have ran several campaigns IRL but little DM'ing experience with Roll20. Have recently brought my younger cousin into the fold and we are looking for a group to give him his first Roll20 session.  Availability: Thursday-Monday 7:30PM CST or later. Characters: open to anything that can fit into already established group but would prefer to join up with a new group. Our current characters are a two Wood Elves, Matt a village raised lad whom survived an orc raid and was forced to find a way to survive in the wilderness. Ranger all the way. Bryan His companion is a rather strange Wood elf Barbarian who chose to live a secluded life alone until he met the ranger who gave him purpose again. DESTROY THE ORC INVADERS. But we are open to anything that will fit your current meta.  What we bring: Committed and punctual players. Love roleplaying and commit fully to characters. Matt is fairly new but I'm sure with my guidance he will step up to the plate. I love voice acting and really getting involved with the story. Experienced and published writer who can blow down doors with creative writing and would love to bring an amazing character experience to the group. We are fully set up for video and voice. Reliable internet, literally everything we need to start tomorrow. 
To help others who may be looking for players, what is your time zone?
Done. Edited and Updated.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5224077/d-and-d-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5224077/d-and-d-</a>...
Hey there, not sure if it would fit your schdule, but i want to start a game in 5e that follows the old 1e formula of dungeon focus. In 1e, roleplay happened, but inside the dungeon, under tense situations. It was not aimless and in town. Town existed to recoup at while you went into the dungon, which was typically massive. The first games ran by gygax actually were just dungeon, nothing else at all. You met people, rested, healed, fought, died, gained new party members, all of it while dungeon crawling. I would use the 5e system and run a game that exists in a world but uses a large focus on exploring a dungeon of some kind. Combat would be a huge focus, as would dealing with traps, exploring and searching rooms, dealing with puzzles and things that block acess to other parts of the dungeon, ect ect. One dungeon could take as many as 5 or 6 sessions to fully explore or escape and you could go from level 3 to 5 or 6, or more, easily enough. The purpose and what your doing there would be tied to what the story ends up being about. Trying to run it on Friday nights at 9pm-1am, if that dont work the other day is Thurs nights at the same time frame.