Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Tokens appearing for some players but not others.

I am running a game (2nd time running it) and the first time I ran it, almost over a year ago all players could see NPC and PC Tokens but this time around I am having consistent issues with players not being able to see tokens. These are tokens I modified and uploaded myself to my personal library for this campaign module so I know it's not a 3rd party server being down (like Dunjinni) any advice on how this may be occuring?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Kellen, could you supply some screenshots of the GM view AND get your players who are having issues to post screenshots of the same view but from their side at all? It would also be helpful to have the player run through the following steps, specifically step 4. Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
I apologize if this sounds like the repairman asking if the appliance is plugged in, but sometimes it's worth checking the obvious: are the tokens on the correct layer, token or map layer?  I lost several recently by accidentally putting them on the dynamic lighting layer.

Edited 1499003789
Ziecheal, I'll ask my players to send me images tonight. We managed to get by on the session last week as I am on R20 again for this weeks session I can provide these things. Another note: I accidentally deleted EVERY token from my library because of a "Select All" feature while I was attempting to delete a few tokens because I had duplicates when creating tokens. I uploaded an image to "use selected as token" and then had it re-upload when I chose the character image. So I've been repopulating maps but players complained about recently added tokens, not just the old ones I replaced after my own cache flush (meaning I lost sight on all the old-tokens too and replaced them). I will update this thread after the game tonight with the information. As for Extensions: I allow all R20 sourced items through Adblock+ and NoScript (I also vet the crap out of my system monthly so I am quite sure I have no Ad/Malware active that isn't Quarenteened) would simply having these active but Roll20App white listed still cause an issue? Valerie: Yes I ensured they were on the right layers which is hard because I make pretty detailed maps with custom work from Photoshop sometimes requiring careful layer ordering especially on maps that are 2+ MB in file size which have to be uploaded as segments (see a 90x90 tile map). GM Tokens (Plus a dithering/padding issue perhaps?):&nbsp; <a href="https://i.imgur.com/Sh45bKU.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/Sh45bKU.png</a> In this image is the GM-Screenshot (Left) of the party + the Map in Photoshop if you look at the diagonals especially you can see horrid upscaling issues despite the grid being sized to 70x70 pixels in the original image (Right) I had to substitue red lines for the doors because they weren't displaying (So I deleted them that's why I cannot see them). Edit: Space Reserved for inclusion of the Party-Side Screenshot.
We fixed the problem.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the update. Do you know what the problem was in the end, it might be useful for anyone else who encounters a similar issue in the future?
Ziechael said: Thanks for the update. Do you know what the problem was in the end, it might be useful for anyone else who encounters a similar issue in the future? The problem was with the Asset Library some tokens were removed by accident and re-uploaded but there were tokens on the game board that were using old token / asset data and since I had uploaded the new assets / reuploaded them I as the GM was able to see everything. However until I had deleted the assets off the board and replaced them down no player was able to see them.This is what we think happened. As per the Dithering of the map assets we have no idea what happened to cause the edges to be so pixelated and blurry through the renderer.