Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

No sound on Ipad

Hi, several months ago my Ipad stopped playing music and sounds using the web interface. I thought it was a temporary problem but it still persists. I tried three different Ipad models (Air, Air 2 and Pro) and on none of these sound is playing (and yes I tried different browsers too). Will this be fixed? And what about the Ipad app? Is it still under development - I am asking because nothing has happened with it the last few months (no updates, new functions, whatever). I would love to see an Ipad app with the functionality of the web interface. I think this will just stay a dream... regards, Manuel
Gid
Roll20 Team
Hi Manuel, Are you unable to hear Jukebox audio in games that you've created, or ones created by other GMs, or both? Are the audio tracks that are failing to play from one specific audio source (TabletopAudio, Battlebards, Incompetech, Fanburst)? 

Edited 1498586934
I'm running the purchased Roll20 module Lost Mine of Phandelver, and I can not hear any music either when logged in as a GM or logged in as a player I've created. No sources play that I can determine, though they show  as playing. There is one difference though: When playing samples from the included music lists, none of the samples will play, and they don't even show as playing; tapping the Play arrow makes it blink and remain an arrow. However, Battlebards music will show a square and "Loading," though it will never play. All of this works just fine on my Macs. 
I'm sure you already tried this, but have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app?
Kristin C. said: Hi Manuel, Are you unable to hear Jukebox audio in games that you've created, or ones created by other GMs, or both? Are the audio tracks that are failing to play from one specific audio source (TabletopAudio, Battlebards, Incompetech, Fanburst)?  That does not make any difference which source (Battlebards, Fanburst, etc.) is used, neither does it make nay difference if I am hosting the game or have joined a game of someone else - there is no sound coming out of my Ipad. Tried Safari, Chrome, Puffin and few more browsers - no sound...
Infernø 360° said: I'm sure you already tried this, but have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app? I am using a mobile browser, not the app.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thank you both for that added information. I'm finding the same issue on my ipad as well. I'll file a bug report for this.
Kristin C. said: Thank you both for that added information. I'm finding the same issue on my ipad as well. I'll file a bug report for this. Great. Thank you. :)

Edited 1498944281
Infernø 360° said: I'm sure you already tried this, but have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app? App? What app? The Roll20 app (sadly) doesn't include a VTT or a jukebox, and you can't uninstall Safari (though I have tried different browsers on one of the iPads). Besides, this is happening on to separate iPads.