Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[4E] Issues between Character Importer and Power Cards

Hello everyone! I plan to have a 4th edition D&D game on Roll20 and I have looked everywhere for tools to make my life and my player's lives easier through some degree of automation. For this purpose I have found the following items: Character Importer Monster Importer Power Cards The issue is here with the fact that the old Character Importer script doesn't really work so well with the Power Cards script. The colors are off, the text is overlapped and the powers don't work as expected. To give an example: Please take note of the title text "Dragon Breath". For that multi attack to work my girlfriend found a simple solution which baffled me verily: !power --format|dnd4e --name|Dragon Breath --title|Dragonborn Racial Power --usage|Encounter --action|Minor Action --emote|As you open your mouth with a roar, the deadly power of your draconic kin blasts forth to engulf your foes. --Range|Close blast 3 --Target(s)|Each creature in the blast --attack # ?{Number of Targets|1}|[[1d20 + 7]] --defense| Reflex. You gain a +2 bonus to the attack roll. --damage|[[ 1d6 ]] damage. She simply added the # on this line, for it to work: --attack # ?{Number of Targets|1}|[[1d20 + 7]]. Without that, the power would not roll multiple dice for multiple targets. I believe these to be minor tweaks that can be done by someone savvy enough and knowing of these tools, as such if anyone can take a look and come with suggestions and improvements, I would be grateful ! -Raul

Edited 1498511545
The original powercards and 4e character/monster import scripts were written before character sheets were introduced. The import scripts have never been updated. They're on my to do list... someday, but if anyone else wants to do it instead, they're more than welcome to. Also, that is a very old version of powercards and has since been updated many times.
Any chance I could convince you to have a look, please? I got an idea where the "issue" is: it is related to the --format tag which has changed in the latest iteration of Power Cards. In Character Importer the --format|dnd4e is not useful in Power Cards script because you can determine said format manually. So I would need a variable in Character Importer to parse the same --format to do the powers.
Sorry, but unless you're going to pay me... I have zero interest in updating those scripts any time soon. I simply don't play D&D 4e anymore and have zero need to update them.
Lets discuss payment :)