Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Compendium- monster attributes - Roll 0/1?

What does the Roll 0/1 signify on the monster attributes? 
Those are the monster's attacks. The values signify the name of the attack, the formula for the attack, and the formula for the damage. If the attack has a description, it would also be included here I believe. For example on the Aboleth, Roll 0 is it's tentacle attack (1d20+9 to hit, 2d6+5 damage)
Of course it is :-) It makes sense now someone's pointed it out. Any reason why they get titled Roll 0, Roll 1? Is it used for anything specific or just a way to list them? I'm assuming 0 is the standard attack.
My guess is that it is just that way because that's how the monster is converted for the character sheet. The actions of the NPC are ordered the same way as the rolls and 0 is the first index in repeating fields in each character sheet.