Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped] 5e character sheet not loading

Every time I log into my game and try to access my character sheet, it says the character sheet is processing. I've left it for a while and nothing happens. How do I get rid of this screen.
Clicking close on this screen does nothing
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It is likely that you have multiple "processing" attributes. Open your attributes and abilities page and search through the list to remove all attributes named "processing" and then close the sheet and reopen it.
I haven't done anything on the sheet yet though. The only line that says processing is one asking if I want to close processing.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, it's empty. Then just create a new sheet. This message only appears for old sheets that upgrade.
How do I make a new sheet if I'm not a GM? I appreciate the help, I'm very inexperienced with roll20
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Only a GM can create sheets. Have him create a new sheet for you.
I am currently a GM of a couple of games. I have created several NPCs and PCs. I was using the OGL character sheet provided by Roll20. After reviewing your Shaped Character Sheet, I found it might be better. My problem is the same as Brandon's. I switched to the Shaped Sheet, opened my game, checked the NPCs, monsters, and PCs, and found the same continuous processing page. I followed your advice and began creating a new character, but I had the same problem. I couldn't edit the sheet for the new character, as it was continuously processing. After this didn't work, I went the route of your GitHub page. I followed the instructions by copying the HTML code, CSS code, and Translation code. This didn't make any changes to my previous continuous processing problem. Is there something that I'm missing?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm currently on vacation so I can't debug the issue with you. A new sheet should never have processing. An existing sheet will only process to convert or upgrade. I believe OGL conversion might not automatically close so just click the close button.
Honestly my problem was not using Google chrome
As you seem to have discovered, the problem seems to be an issue with Microsoft Edge and Roll20. It's a shame the two don't get along; Roll20 is pretty much the only reason I still have Chrome installed.