Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

V:tM 20th Anniversary Edition Sheet

Anybody else seeing this on their V:tM 20 sheets?
I don't really understand how this stuff works... but there is an updated translation.json file (23 hours ago) on github that seems to have some typos in it. Maybe that's the source of the problem? Again, I have no idea how this all works, so apologies for my ignorance.
Ok, I just grabbed the html, css, and json files from github and then edited the Physical typo on the translation file and it fixed things. I suppose the next step would be contacting... the person who last updated the translation file on github? 
Yeah, found this issue in our VtM game as well.
I just went through, fixed all the files as best I could, and loaded them all as a custom sheet. It has something to do with the i18n conversion that was attempted. Most of the fields that are broken are a result of typos. The bearing and blood per turn issue has something to do with the i18n tag itself in the code. I don't know anything about coding, but I found removing the i18n tags cleared up the issue for me (on Bearing and Blood per turn, that is). 
I don't know the protocol for this sort of thing, but I hope your changes (The typos at least) get applied to the main sheet soon. At the least this should point everyone collectively in the right direction.

Edited 1498810462
Ah, I came here to mention this. Yes looks the same for me too.  Hope this gets fixed. Addition: Streetwise is accidentally called Subterfuge (entering a value there creates the Streetwise attribute), and Subterfuge has the weird name. There's definitely something shifty going on

Edited 1498935602
Jakko
Translator
I'm really really sorry about this. I proceeded to format the V20 character sheet to translate it into italian (and permit other translations too). Unfortunately i didn't see some bugs and typos that created the problems you've listed (my coding skills are kinda low). Btw i already created the new fixed files that are going to be approved by devs in a couple of days. Animal Ken, Subterfuge over streetwise,backgrounds and physical are typos. Bearing and BloodPerTurn are actual coding mistakes. If you happen to have other issues not listed (there shouldn't be more of them) write here asap.
Mistakes happen, I think everyone here can understand that!  It's still 99% functional, so we can make do in the mean time.  Any other thoughts I have on the matter aren't faults with the sheet.  Just personal bugbears. For example why the health track uses ' - ' ' / ' ' X ' instead of ' / ' ' X ' ' * ' ? That's a different discussion entirely for a different thread, I imagine!
JNexus -- Please please please don't think I was upset about this! I was just pointing out that there was something amiss. I was able to mostly figure it out on my own, but like I've said, I have no idea how the coding works -- so I didn't want to "fix" it on github, lest I break the sheets altogether! I appreciate all the work the community does here at Roll20 -- those sheets literally make my games possible!  <3
Since everyone here is interested and involved with V20, I thought I'd ask if you folks would be interested in seeing the V20 sheet get expanded similar to how Mage and the others have tabs for extra player content. I've noticed the original author seems to have long since stopped updating it.
Hey Rin, I think that'd be awesome. Again, I really appreciate all the work everyone does, but I also wouldn't mind some added functionality. I really appreciate that the Mage sheet has space for specializations and quick macros built in at the top. I would also love to see more custom dice pools added to the sheet, though I don't know how the logistics for that work out. Keep me posted on what you decide to do and let me know if there is any grunt work I can help with (as I have said a number of times before, I don't really know how the sheet design works; I am, however, a quick study). 
If you'd like to see the work I've been hammering out&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/2009962/gCQP9g" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/2009962/gCQP9g</a> Fair warning its super rough. I basically tried to add anything a player could want though admittedly I'm not the best at GUI designs. My CSS is pretty crappy haha so if I could get someone to help me clean that up or show me where I've made mistakes I'd be so happy.

Edited 1499212738
I'd love to see the sheet get some extra love! While I'm a tad overwhelmed going from the bare bones to that rather comprehensive layout, I can at least agree it would be a step in the right direction. I'm particularly fond of the ability to record speciality fields; felt like that was a rather large missing field to me. I've had at least one player noticeably hampered by the ability to add extra bruised Boxes, which your sheet seems to account for as well! It'd help with a few NPCs as well. All in all, it looks pretty good for a 'rough' one. Polished sounds like it will be great.
Yeah the popup tool tip was something I borrowed from my work that I use in my Naruto D20 Modern sheet, I'm still trying to get the hang of some of the things like for instance right now I'm still mulling over how to properly add those specializations to dice rolls. I'm trying to keep the open mind of house rules being used as well so that my sheet won't hamper other GMs who have their own house rules. Ideally I'd like to link as much as I can together so that it becomes a seamless and easy to use interface that won't be overwhelming for even a new player to the scene.
Looks great so far Rin. Though the Add/Modify buttons shouldn't exist for the name AND the dots, but only once, and add both...&nbsp; Is there any way to fixate the tabs on top and just scroll the content?

Edited 1499292088
Jakko
Translator
About the original topic: New files are now active. All issues listed are fixed but a new one emerged in the dice pool area : Dexterity in the pools from 2nd to 5th got a typo. After this fix, everything should work fine. About the new changes to the sheet, i simply ask you to format everything you add to i18n too, so that it can still be translated. Your work is really really nice to see and i would use it and i hope you'll add it to the basic sheet. One criticism is about the Gear and Notes tab where the descriptions of the text/numeric fields aren't clear. They need to be aligned with the correspondent field.
Only noteworthy issue I located is we're now running two Subterfuges, I believe the one higher on the list is technically Streetwise. Fortunately, I had the PCs with the necessary skills to be able to tell the difference between the two.
Ninth said: Only noteworthy issue I located is we're now running two Subterfuges, I believe the one higher on the list is technically Streetwise. Fortunately, I had the PCs with the necessary skills to be able to tell the difference between the two. That is correct. You can easily test this yourself: Make a new character Set the upper Subterfuge to 1 Set the lower Subterfuge to 2 Go to the Attributes/Abilities tab You'll see two entries, one for Streetwise at 1, for Subterfuge at 2

Edited 1499347910
Jakko
Translator
I was using the translated version of the sheet and it works fine on italian. There have been a typo in creating the .json files for the various translations,&nbsp;english included. I'll change them to fix this issue. (this is not my fault u.u)