Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dragon Age Character Sheet Being Problematic

Last night while I was running my Dragon Age campaign, one of my players acquired a new long bow.  When she attempted to add it to her character sheet, it let her type the name of the weapon in, but then as soon as she moved to add the attack roll stats, the entry disappeared.  She logged out of the game and logged back in, and the same thing happened.  Just now, I attempted to add the weapon myself since I maintained control of the character sheets as well, and the same thing happened.  Help?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There does appear to be bugs with the Dragon Age sheet; see this thread:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5210196/dragon-age-character-sheet-mistakes/?pageforid=5210196#post-5210196" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5210196/dragon-age-character-sheet-mistakes/?pageforid=5210196#post-5210196</a>
It's nice to know that there are bugs with the sheet, however, I am not a coder, so I have no clue how to go about fixing it. &nbsp;I checked another character's sheet to see if the same bug occurs, and it seems like the sheets are coded in a way that prevents more than two ranged weapons from being added, yet I can add as many melee weapons as I want. &nbsp;If there's no easy fix to this, I would assume the solution, for now, is for the player to just keep a separate list of additional ranged weapons that she owns?
Olivier
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Yeah, the sheet is weird. I just forked it for the Blue Rose character sheet and it's very outdated. I'm working on a new one for Blue Rose which I hope to finish by September, and then maybe make a Dragon Age version. Are you filling all the fields on the weapons before clicking to add? To further test, can you make a copy of your campaign and set the copy to use the Blue Rose character sheet? Then tell me if the error still happens.

Edited 1498716898
Zargon
Sheet Author
Looking at it for a bit, the issue is an invalid name for the repeating section on line 426 of the HTML: &lt;fieldset class='repeating_ranged_weapons'&gt; Essentially just change "repeating_ranged_weapons" to something like "repeating_rangedWeapons" seeing as Underscores are not a valid character for a repeating section name. &nbsp;Unfortunately this change will end up hiding anything stored in the second ranged weapon slot. Personally I am not willing to make this fix, if you really want more details on why, look at my responses to the thread Brian linked above.
Olivier, Just checked it using the Blue Rose sheet like you suggested. &nbsp;The Blue Rose sheet doesn't seem to have a problem adding additional weapons. &nbsp;It seems to be restricted to the Dragon Age one.
Olivier
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Tbanks Megan. I'll see if I can get a fix soon. Hopefully without messing everyone's sheets.
Greatly appreciated, Olivier! &nbsp;I thank you and my players will thank you as well!

Edited 1501194136
Olivier
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
I'm working on a new Blue Rose sheet. When I'm finished with it, it will be very easily transferable to Dragon Age, just need to add mana and experience points. Here are some screenshots . Clicking on the focus name in the Core tab rolls the focus with associated bonus, works really well. Any comments or suggestions?
That looks great, Olivier! &nbsp;Thank you so much for not forgetting about this issue and taking care of it. &nbsp;The sheet looks fantastic, and if the Dragon Age one looks that good, I don't see any problems!
Olivier
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Hey, I'm nearly done with the new Dragon sheet, except for a few things. Can you try out the sheet when you have the time?&nbsp; Just join my test campaign . It's currently only the roll templates, the money section and the section with the old character information (for migrating to the new sheet).

Edited 1501531630
Olivier
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
My new Dragon Age sheet is finished! It just needs testing and feedback now. I can send the code to anyone who wants it if they want to try it in a live game (requires Pro subscription). Anyone is welcome to test it! Just join my test campaign ! Minor feedback is also welcome. If anyone has some existing characters, it would be appreciated if you could import them into the campaign (using the Character Vault) to see if the data shows correctly.in the "Old" tab. You will have to copy and paste most fields to the new sheet as the previous sheet is far too problematic. I made the design very simple and basic, but it's a definitive step up from the previous one. It should also be easy to improve or redo the sheet, with proper repeating sections and attributes names.