Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Page Type: Display Image

Edited 1498700115
Huso
KS Backer
I use battlemaps only during the combat. Out of combat I display an image according to the environment of the players. Such as a dark cave or a campfire, etc (with an appropriate sound effect). I usually place the image on a page to do this. But that ends up looking different for players depending on their screen size and/or zoom level. It would be really nice if there was a special page type that displays an image to players. Image could be centered (and resized if needed). With a choice of background color where image doesn't cover. This would replace the battlemap section of the screen estate.
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Huseyin. There are 2 other nice ways to display an image. Maybe one would work for you. First is Handouts. You can place an image in a handout. The GM can click Show To Players to pop up the Handout. The image displays in the handout at a consistent pre-set maximum size. &nbsp;From there, players can choose to click the image (magnifying glass symbol when you hover over the image) and it will then display the image at the largest full-size that fits or fills their screen. Nothing is cut off at the edges, it just fits the image to the screen so you see the whole image at the largest possible size. Wiki docs for this, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Handouts" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Handouts</a> Another method is Shift-Z. &nbsp;Set up your Page as you have been doing (the Image is on the Page). &nbsp;As GM, select the image and press Shift-Z. This pops up the image at the maximum full size (up to the full resolution of the image) that fits on their screen. If neither of these work, I wonder if you could clarify your Suggestion? What would be different about your idea, compared to the way a Page works now? &nbsp;It sounds like you may be asking for a Page that is pre-set to 100% zoom and which won't allow zooming or scrolling?

Edited 1498707139
Huso
KS Backer
Hi Gold! Players can close the handouts, so that wouldn't work for me. Shift-Z is nice. I was not aware of that. But it disables the chat window. Perhaps I can post a few pictures to illustrate what I want. Please forgive my photshop skills.Below how it is currently looks like in my game when my players are in a dungeon. Here is how I would prefer it look like. I can increase the map size. But it will look different for everyone. I have players those play from chromebook, mac, and even ipad in same game. Not to mention there is no way to get rid of the gray background. So what I am asking is a some sort of a slideshow (for the lack of a better term) option that will fit to the screen automatically when displayed and stay there until I change the scene much like a battlemap. It sounds like you may be asking for a Page that is pre-set to 100% zoom and which won't allow zooming or scrolling? This would cover 95% of what I meant in my original post. I am sorry English is my not first language. Sometimes it can be difficult for me to explain things clearly.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .