Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LF5P Only War "Less Than Scum" - Sundays 11:30am PST

Edited 1498859324
My third time GMing Only War and fourth time overall. Admittedly, a focus on narrative rather than mechanics is a fancy of mine, so please bear with me if I do not remember certain rules. Players will be the first generation of the 201st Combined Infantry, a mixed regiment raised from other devastated battlegroups in the late years of the 41st Millenium. Lead by Penal Legionnaire Colonel Mirrarok of the former 200th Combined Infantry, you have&nbsp;been (compulsory or voluntarily) enlisted to participate in a "Imperial experimental cultural military exchange program". &nbsp;The Stalwart Crusade is a long-neglected area of Imperial realspace, afflicted by Tau, Orks, Chaos, and less visibly tainted heretics called the "Liberty Agglomerate" and "Beskar Empire". &nbsp;&nbsp; The Stalwart Crusade has only begun relatively recently, however, the war for Imperial dominance had been in prevalence since the Toridan Sector's enscription. Left alone to fight for its own defence from within, without, and beyond, the Emperor's Light has faded in favour of the Apostle's Word. There is no knowing what will truly happen when the Cicatrix Maledictum comes, but one thing is certain: in the future, there is no meaning in life; there is only war, and the laughter of the Gods. The players will be Penal Legionnaire Colonel Mirrarok's General Staff Imperial Tacticians while also playing field soldiers in a mixed regiment. These two character groups will have different expectations: the Tacticians are outside of the game. for strategic actions to win wars; the field soldiers are actually in-game Roll20 sessions, involving likely a more personal perspective and tactical expectation. Obviously, the soldiers are more expendable than the Tacticians, so plan accordingly. In contrast to my last game, there will be more structure to the "201st Combined Infantry," in that the players are able to pick their own character homeworld/origins, but have to agree towards everything else in regiment creation. Additional training/special equipment doctrines can be given to single player characters if there are any excess points after regiment creation, as to represent the character's battlegroup before their displacement into the Combined Infantry. LFG link&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81844/ow-lfg-l" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81844/ow-lfg-l</a>... Can be contacted on Discord, Chayste#2999 Games are usually weekly at 11:30am PST, however, expect the occasional schedule difficulties such as bimonthly NSCC drills.
My apologies, the game is usually played on Sundays. Can a Moderator change the title to befit such?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Chay said: My apologies, the game is usually played on Sundays. Can a Moderator change the title to befit such? Fixed your title for you :)
I can say that with all honesty, Chayste is one of the best GM's I've had. Hands down. He does a great job or reacting to player decisions and has various options ready in case things go a different route. He allows for, and rewards, creativity to get through situations. Unfortunately I am unable to continue in the game due to the time it is run, and it honestly sucks that I can't because I have thoroughly enjoyed it. You will not be let down in this campaign!