Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Chat Broken: Black Lines of DOOOOOM!

Edited 1498722712
ISSUE BELOW RESOLVED by GM deleting chat cache on his end Hi there, Regarding my setup, I cleared my browser cache and even installed an alternative browser, restarted my computer and also waited a day just for good measure. I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with my setup. I further confirmed this by logging in to Roll20 from multiple computers. Basically, the bottom of my chat window is all black lines now. Nothing I type as chat or do with marcos shows up there anymore. It sadly seems that Roll20 is broken for me, at least in that game. I am in a different game and the chat window and all my macros seem to work fine. I found this image on Google that shows the issue I am having, so I am not the first. However, I could not find any resolution of the issue by searching through the forums using some key-words: <a href="https://www.google.com/search?q=roll20+lines+black" rel="nofollow">https://www.google.com/search?q=roll20+lines+black</a>... The issue started after creating and testing a large number of fairly complex macros. I have asked my GM to clear the game log on his end, but he may not reply for a few days and I don't know if that will help or not. Below is an example of the macros I was creating. All the macros referenced graphics from an attached Pathfinder Character Sheet (the most popular one), but I have done that in several games before and it didn't seem to break anything. I am also wondering if, in all my zeal to make about 30 or 40 large macros and test them if I overran a buffer or something. &{template:pf_attack} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{name=Unarmed Strike}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-cmb}}} {{attack=[[d20cs&gt;20+3+?{Attack Modifier|0}]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[d20cs&gt;20+3+?{Attack Modifier|0}]]}} {{damage=[[d6-1+?{Damage Modifier|0}]] Bludgeoning [[1d6]] Electricity}} {{crit_damage=[[d6-1+?{Damage Modifier|0}]] Bludgeoning}} Let me know if anyone has the solution. Big thanks in advance! -Chris ISSUE ABOVE RESOLVED by GM deleting chat cache on his end
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by clearing the Chat Archive (note: not clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
Thanks General! The issue was successfully resolved that way&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :)