Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[2d20 STA WiP] Star Trek Adventures Sheet (work in progress)

Hello all, I've just created a new sheet for Star Trek Adventures, I tried to keep it as true to the sheet from Modiphus - right now it's just the character sheet, my intention is to improve and allow it to be used for the starship sheet as well - before I posted it up to github I wanted to get some community feedback - anyone want to see if they see any glaring problems with it? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/2363663/M4ln3Q" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/2363663/M4ln3Q</a> Still on my initial to-do:&nbsp; minor formatting cleanup - centering is a bit off in places. LCARS themed roll template switchable sheet for starship
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
It's quite nice just have to get some dice buttons in there , mine looks more like the origional series with Kirk , if your interested I will send you a link Rob
yeah I was getting there, trying to get the roll template hammered out before adding buttons.
looks great. Only real input I have is a far down the line, nice to have, feature. When I was running the play test I was using a token to count momentum and threat(doom? don't remember what it is in STA) pools which works fine. Eventually might be good to move towards something global on char sheets for those pools(the star wars EoTE char sheets have a sort of global set up for darkside/lightside pools for example.)
Peter S. said: &nbsp; Eventually might be good to move towards something global on char sheets for those pools(the star wars EoTE char sheets have a sort of global set up for darkside/lightside pools for example.) You know I was mulling over that myself, how best to handle the group momentum pool, its easy enough to track this during a character's turn on the his/her sheet, but the group pool seems a bit tricky, I think it may require a API script similar to ammo tracking scripts in some of the other sheets - something that the player could click a button and post something in chat "Player adds 2 momentum to the Global Pool" I think to help make sheet NPC friendly Threat has to be added to the player sheet as well (even though the players don't generate threat.
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
why not just use a stack of chjps set out like the base deck of cards that everyone has access to and store them on an area of the table
Stack of Chips might work, will have to play with it for sure! For now I think the sheet is ready for submission -- I've got a LCARs themed roll template that looks pretty sharp, as well as the skill check challenges all coded and added as rollable buttons in the sheet. It's looking pretty solid so far... Next work will be on a switchable "Ship vs Character" version of the sheet
Rob
Pro
Sheet Author
Well done for this sheet making it to github , i do have one observation , what was your reason for making the buttons only operate when a token was selected and not otherwise ? Rob
Rob said: Well done for this sheet making it to github , i do have one observation , what was your reason for making the buttons only operate when a token was selected and not otherwise ? Rob Caught that did you, already fixed it about an hour ago - getting the code right was super tricky with the various embedded queries - I had a few "copies" of it during the testing before hitting the final happy working version - didn't even notice the @{selected| were in there till just a bit ago, they have all been fixed with the selected| removed
Just added the next feature to the copy above (not in Github yet) The Starship Sheet is available for testing, note all fuctions work at this time EXCEPT the Department roll button (will work on that tomorrow) - but wanted to give you all an idea on where the next version is going.
Very cool sheet! Nitpick: "Breeches" should be "Breaches." Breeches are pants... :-)
Haha... no you are correct, spell check and proofreading usually comes last for me... as soon as I fix the department rolls and add the NPC toggle and adjustments for that I will give it a good once over for typos.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rabulias said: Very cool sheet! Nitpick: "Breeches" should be "Breaches." Breeches are pants... :-) A pair of VERY LARGE breeches would fit nicely on the traditional Enterprise though... so maybe you could change it for all the others but leave it as is on 'structure' ;) Seriously, though, that is a nice looking sheet! Speaking as a colour deficient person I would suggest avoiding black text on a rich red background... took me a long while to spot that as the source of my merriment.
Ziechael said: Seriously, though, that is a nice looking sheet! Speaking as a colour deficient person I would suggest avoiding black text on a rich red background... took me a long while to spot that as the source of my merriment. Hmm... hadn't put much thought into that, for the most part I've been trying to stick with the default look and feel of the character sheet (except like here where having breaches as check boxes wouldn't work so well for a digital sheet) - any time I've had to deviate for function I've tried to stick with the standard LCARS color scheme (which by default for red alert is black text on a red background) - let me play a bit with it today and toss a few options up here and you can help be my eyes on which is easier to read.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Happy to help but don't worry about it too much as there are many variations on the colour deficiency/blindness scale and what works for me might ruin it for someone else lol. Mine is heavily shade based so rich (read darker) reds/browns/blues etc and blacks tend to blend at a distance :/
I went ahead and changed it to white on red, let me know if that is better - for now the Starship sheet is finished, but I'm working with Rob to spruce up the CSS a bit now that all the basic functionality is in - so as soon as we finish that side we will add the changes to the Roll20 GIT.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
White on red definitely works for my particular vision requirements, I just hope it doesn't ruin the effect for everyone else :-/ However I repeat, great looking sheet!

Edited 1500939338
GrumpyOldDM
Sheet Author
Version 1.1 has been submitted to the Roll20 sheet repository - feel free to test it at the game link above. ## 1.1 ### Features * Added starship sheet, created new settings page to allow easy switch from Ship or Character. ### Bug Fixes * Rewrote CSS with help of Randall, assuring more clean function of the sheet that matches vendor sheet.
Awesome work David, just a few suggestions below: I would suggest having the image files hosted separately from github (e.g. Imgur). Currently if you make a Custom game with the new sheet code, the image links break because there is no direct link to the images in the HTML. Personally speaking, the new font you are using for the Name / Species / etc text boxes (Impact?) is a bit hard to read as I find the letters to be a bit pushed together. Also, if there is any way to decrease the width of the sheet? By default the character sheet window opens at a width of 900 pixels but I'm not sure how feasible it is to reduce the sheet width without the elements being changed around much design wise. Other than that, I'm really liking the new version, especially the Ship sheet.
techiecarer said: I would suggest having the image files hosted separately from github (e.g. Imgur). Currently if you make a Custom game with the new sheet code, the image links break because there is no direct link to the images in the HTML. Personally speaking, the new font you are using for the Name / Species / etc text boxes (Impact?) is a bit hard to read as I find the letters to be a bit pushed together. Also, if there is any way to decrease the width of the sheet? By default the character sheet window opens at a width of 900 pixels but I'm not sure how feasible it is to reduce the sheet width without the elements being changed around much design wise. Other than that, I'm really liking the new version, especially the Ship sheet. So the topic of "Imgur vs. Github" was covered in the Github discussion 1.0 - the official preferred method is to us Github's Raw image (these should work with code copied custom sheets as well - this is how the test game is setup and they work) - the images just have to be committed to the Master Roll20 repository for the first time so new images have an issue if you copy the code prior to the Roll20 Admins adding my changes, luckily I put in the location of my local GitHub master copy in the README.md, if you use that for custom sheets the images are already hosted and good to go: ## How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): 1. Copy the&nbsp; html from GitHub 2. In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. 3. In the HTML tab paste the HTML code 4. Copy the&nbsp; css from GitHub 5. On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. 6. Hit save. The font actually issues I think are primarily around the Star Trek font itself, or I should say the browser friendly version of it, it's hard getting one that matches the official sheet that looks good, but I'll play around more with this for the 1.2 release and see what we got, thanks for the feedback. Same thing thing here with width, trying to keep the LCARS look and feel of the official sheet takes up a lot of space. I'm thinking for a future release maybe a setting that "streamlines" the sheet - so you can check on or off the "LCARS look"
Just wanted to say, "Thank you!" for this character sheet addition. I am having two issues though you might be able to help with. I am using the character sheet by selecting it when creating a new game and like the user above mentioned the graphics are not loading.&nbsp; There are broken images in multiple places in the main and ship character sheets.&nbsp; Is there some way for me to fix this?&nbsp; I am currently a free user (was Pro a while back), does that have something to do with it? The total field for crew support doesn't work.&nbsp; It does not allow me to enter a value and is blank to start.&nbsp; I also did not see an entry for it in the Attributes and Abilities tab. Thanks again for a great character sheet!

Edited 1502774383
David - Just as a note, I've commited a pull request to roll20's github that fixes the image link issues. You were using spaces in the folder name instead of "%20" in the URL. Edit: I also found the Crew Support bug. The Scale attribute is named ship_scale, but in the Crew Support Total field it referred to @{scale}, which I've corrected to @{ship_scale}
techiecarer said: David - Just as a note, I've commited a pull request to roll20's github that fixes the image link issues. You were using spaces in the folder name instead of "%20" in the URL. Edit: I also found the Crew Support bug. The Scale attribute is named ship_scale, but in the Crew Support Total field it referred to @{scale}, which I've corrected to @{ship_scale} Thanks for looking into these issue techie! &nbsp;Any idea when they will get merged up an available in Roll20?
Sorry all, I've been on vacation out of the country... just getting back (and over jet lag) let me take a quick look and see what we can do. The last updates were done by Randall who was assisting with some CSS rework I will sync his changes to my copy and see if we can figure out what went wrong.&nbsp;

Edited 1502923258
Darth Anthony said: techiecarer said: David - Just as a note, I've commited a pull request to roll20's github that fixes the image link issues. You were using spaces in the folder name instead of "%20" in the URL. Edit: I also found the Crew Support bug. The Scale attribute is named ship_scale, but in the Crew Support Total field it referred to @{scale}, which I've corrected to @{ship_scale} Thanks for looking into these issue techie! &nbsp;Any idea when they will get merged up an available in Roll20? Merging happens once a week, so most likely next Monday
David C. said: Sorry all, I've been on vacation out of the country... just getting back (and over jet lag) let me take a quick look and see what we can do. The last updates were done by Randall who was assisting with some CSS rework I will sync his changes to my copy and see if we can figure out what went wrong.&nbsp; Here are the pull requests I made that fixed the two issues, so you can see what I changed. Re-Fix Broken Image Links <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... Fix for Crew Support Total Bug <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
David C. said: Sorry all, I've been on vacation out of the country... just getting back (and over jet lag) let me take a quick look and see what we can do. The last updates were done by Randall who was assisting with some CSS rework I will sync his changes to my copy and see if we can figure out what went wrong.&nbsp; Good day David, Just checking to see if the pull requests above have been approved and merged?&nbsp; I am still seeing the image issues. Thanks!
Darth Anthony said Good day David, Just checking to see if the pull requests above have been approved and merged?&nbsp; I am still seeing the image issues. Thanks! I show both image fixes were merged. Did you try clearing browser cache just in case you have an old version somewhere?&nbsp;

Edited 1504387265
GrumpyOldDM
Sheet Author
Current Bugs being worked on: Current Crew Support maxes at 5 (needs removal to match bigger ships) Fixed in Minor Bug Fixes #2967 Current Power and Current Crew Support are not properly resetting to max/default values Fixed in Minor Bug Fixes #2967 Current Features being worked on: Clean Sheet option (checking a box in settings that will remove all the LCARS formatting and give a smaller more condensed sheet sacraficing pretty for smaller and cleaner sheet)
David C. said: Darth Anthony said Good day David, Just checking to see if the pull requests above have been approved and merged?&nbsp; I am still seeing the image issues. Thanks! I show both image fixes were merged. Did you try clearing browser cache just in case you have an old version somewhere?&nbsp; Looks great now, thanks a bunch!
David, is there any chance of removing the minimum of 7 for Systems as small craft use lower stats (down to 00 for Weapons on unarmed shuttles)? Just seen you've done this on 1.2 Also, could you add a Bonus section in the Sheet Settings for Crew Support (as this can be boosted by the Supervisor talent)?
techiecarer said: David, is there any chance of removing the minimum of 7 for Systems as small craft use lower stats (down to 00 for Weapons on unarmed shuttles)? Just seen you've done this on 1.2 Also, could you add a Bonus section in the Sheet Settings for Crew Support (as this can be boosted by the Supervisor talent)? Luckily 1.2 is changing all of the fields to text fields and min/max are going away. Next week I'm working on attack improvements (attack rolls then damage rolls vs the current manual attack roll). I don't see why a crew bonus would be a problem I'll add that to my list.
techiecarer said: Also, could you add a Bonus section in the Sheet Settings for Crew Support (as this can be boosted by the Supervisor talent)? This was just added to version 1.2.1 - going to run 1.2.1 in my Sunday game if all goes well I'll push it to the master sheet - if you want to test in the mean time you can find the CSS and HTML at <a href="https://github.com/GrumpyOldDM/STA_DemoSheet" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/GrumpyOldDM/STA_DemoSheet</a> , It's also in the Demo Game in OP.
One thing I did note was an issue with the Ship Weapon attacks. I believe the code should be: &lt;button type="roll" name="roll_weapon" value="&{template:lcars}{{roll_name=Attack}}{{discp=Ship Security}}{{discp_num=@{ship_security}}}{{discp_dmg=[[@{weapval}t[Challenge-Dice]]]}}{{diff_num=?{Difficulty|2}}}{{attr=Ship Weapons}}{{attr_num=@{ship_weapons}}}{{result=[[?{Number of d20|2}d20cf20cs&lt;1&lt;[[@{ship_security}+@{ship_weapons}]]]]}}"&gt; Crew Support bonus works great. Regarding Task Difficulty, if you're removing them from non-Attack rolls, would it be easier to remove it from all of them?
Yep, I already had fixed that, just didn't send it up to Github yet - the fix also removed the task difficulty as well.
Version 1.2.1 is up for a Merge - should be uploaded live later this week (#3058) Bug Fixes Fixed Combat Rolls ** Now rolls attack and damage Cleaned up Attribute Rolls ** Asking Task Difficulty slows down rolls so removed ** Fixed non focus calculation cs&lt;1 not cs&lt;2 Cleaned up lcars rolltemplate Features Added Crew Bonus to settings

Edited 1509741354
GrumpyOldDM
Sheet Author
Version 1.2.2 is up for a Merge - should be uploaded live later this week ( #3140 ) ### Features * Added Complication Range (in sheet settings) * Added {{focus=TEXT}} to RollTemplate * Improved Identification of character in default Sheet Rolls * Defaulted all Ship assist rolls to 1d20

Edited 1510867302
GrumpyOldDM
Sheet Author
30+ Hours of coding and debugging later -- Critical Successes now count as 2 successes native in the sheet rolls - with no API or other macro required! Version 1.2.3 is up for review ( #3174 ) ## 1.2.3 ### Features * Massive improvements to the inline sheet rolls ** Critical Success now counts as 2 successes ** Streamlined the rolls (none moved to bottom, cleaner queries) ** Damage Moved to a Roll Button - so the Challenge Dice can be shown for clearer results * Expanded LCARS Roll Template ** Added subhead, weapq (for weapon qualities), discp_dmgbtn (for Damage Roll Button) ** Improved CSS formatting to cleanly show new fields ### Bug Fixes * Removed ship rolls beyond 1d20 (ships can only ever assist a character) - this also speeds ship rolls. I've also added a Patreon link to the sheet and&nbsp; here - If you appreciate all the work that is going into maintaining and improving this sheet please feel free to toss some beer money my way (trust me, if you saw how frustrating it was getting the triple deep roll queries to function correctly you'd understand why my beer supply is dangerously low after this week).&nbsp; The HTML File alone is 518,604 characters (not including spaces), 87,684 words, and 1,161 lines of code!
Version 1.2.4 is up for review ( #3210 ) Features Default sheet is missing milestone tracking, added this to the settings screen (attr_norm-mile, attr_spot-mile, attr_arc-mile, attr_rep). Default sheet is missing resistance tracking, added this to the settings screen (auto calculates for ships based on scale, players 0, bonus allows wearing armor or altering for NPCs - attr_resist, attr_resist_bonus)
I've been preparing this game with your sheet and there is one thing I'm wondering. For melee attacks, isn't the attribute used Daring instead of Fitness?
Hey David, Is there currently a way to roll for NPCs on this sheet? It looks like a feature you were planning to add, but I have no idea where the toggle you mentioned is located.
Alex L. said: Hey David, Is there currently a way to roll for NPCs on this sheet? It looks like a feature you were planning to add, but I have no idea where the toggle you mentioned is located. Not yet, it's on my enhancement list, but I've been working on getting things fully functional first, we are getting close though. Stonewarder said: I've been preparing this game with your sheet and there is one thing I'm wondering. For melee attacks, isn't the attribute used Daring instead of Fitness? It is indeed, appears a bad check made it back into the code with 1.2.3, I'll fix it in the next release.
Version 1.2.5 is up for review ( #3269 ) Features Added Vulcan Nerve Pinch to attack options (using security, science, or medicine per p.110) Bug Fixes Fixed melee attack from attr_security to attr_daring
Holy smokes! That sheet is gorgeous! Great work! I've been trying to figure out how to use this to update the Infinity 2d20 character sheet, but I'm completely unfamiliar with HTML and roll20's more advanced features. How did you get the success total working? I've tried to peer into the HTML but I just see this massive wall of text with no idea of how to translate it to another game.

Edited 1515039984
GrumpyOldDM
Sheet Author
Last time I tried to paste a code snip here I broke the thread. But this merge highlights the change - essentially it's done with some inline mathematics:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... I can try and demo the specific code but will likely need to drop it in a txt file and link here vs posting which I will have to do tomorrow when I'm back in front of PC. EDIT: Even better here is the thread where I was working on the code with a mod:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5755481/making-a" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5755481/making-a</a>...
David, I was planning on running a game in the Mirror Universe and I was wondering if it might be worth having an alternate look for the sheet with the Terran Empire logo? Maybe something similar to this, colour scheme wise? <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dzvy2-bMrUj0RDnT1P_jxzlwIOlUpBOk" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dzvy2-bMrUj0RDnT1P_jxzlwIOlUpBOk</a>
techiecarer said: David, I was planning on running a game in the Mirror Universe and I was wondering if it might be worth having an alternate look for the sheet with the Terran Empire logo? Maybe something similar to this, colour scheme wise? <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dzvy2-bMrUj0RDnT1P_jxzlwIOlUpBOk" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dzvy2-bMrUj0RDnT1P_jxzlwIOlUpBOk</a> I absolutely love this idea...&nbsp; (In a Mirror Darkly is by far my favorite ST eposides ever I've been considering a one-off episode or two in this theme myself) Something like this would be super easy to do just by grabbing the sheets code from GitHub and simply changing a few of the CSS color codes and the logo file. I can see if there is an easy way to do it via the native sheet but i don't know of switching color for the same classes is easy enough to do with say a check box option.
With the official sheets going live I will no longer be working on this sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="http://blog.roll20.net/post/170045776795/star-trek" rel="nofollow">http://blog.roll20.net/post/170045776795/star-trek</a>... It's been a lot of fun a great learning experience - so long and thanks for all the fish.
That's unfortunate that you're deciding not to continue working on this sheet (I personally still prefer yours), but I understand and glad that it's been a good experience on your part. See you around!
Thank you very much for all the work you did on it! Definitely helped me a lot~
Agreed - your sheet is better!