Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

incompatibility of target and max keywords

I'm using Windows 7 and Google Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m. Bug Description and Example I'm getting an error when I use both the target and max keywords. The following macro highlights the problem: /r @{target|Hit Points} + @{target|Hit Points|max} The app asks for "Target: Target" first, then asks for a second target, "Target: Hit Points." When I try to select this second target I get two error messages in chat: (1) No attribute was found for targeted token by the name of max (2) Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"M","expr":4},{"type":"C","text":" + "}] And what's worse, the box asking for "Target:Hit Points" gets frozen on the top of the screen until I quit the campaign and rejoin. What's Probably Causing It There are a few syntax forms for the target keyword that I know of: (1) @{target|x} If you use this syntax only, the app will ask for one target and will look up x as an attribute of the clicked target. (2) @{target|x|y} Here x is a name assigned to the target and y is the attribute. This allows you to have macros that say things like: @{target|target1|attribute} + @{target|target2|attribute} which will make roll20 ask for two targets and access each of their attributes. Seems to me roll20 is assuming @{target|Hit Points|max} is form (2) when I just want it to be doing the equivalent of @{selected|Hit Points|max}. The disparity between syntax is really confusing, so if it's intentional it should be pointed out in the roll20 wiki. And intentional or not, the box asking for "Target:Hit Points" probably shouldn't get stuck on the top of the screen.
You can actually get rid of the box at the top by clicking on any of the icons in the selection bar on the left side of Roll20. Like the pointer icon.
1387667840
Gauss
Forum Champion
Here you go: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/531127/cannot-get-max-attributes-with-at-%7Btarget-%7D#post-531955" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/531127/cannot-get-max-attributes-with-at-%7Btarget-%7D#post-531955</a>