Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Erratic locations of pasted tokens

I thought someone had already mentioned this issue, but a search on "paste" doesn't turn up the thread, so I'll mention it to be sure. I ran a game using Roll20 in a Google+ Hangout. My browser is Firefox 12.0 and my operating system is Mac OS 10.6.8 I had the map zoomed to 50%. I had trouble with the fact that when I copied a token and pasted it the copy appeared in unpredictable places. Sometimes it appeared perfectly superimposed on the original, so that it couldn't be seen. This was especially troublesome when I was having trouble with a lag of a second or more between typing command-v and the paste occurring. Sometimes the pasted token appeared on a part of the map that was outside the window because of zoom and scroll. Twice it appeared behind the toolbar where I couldn't select it. And pretty much the rest of the time I had small, dark tokens appearing at unexpected places on a visually busy background, and they were hard to find. Ideally I would click somewhere, type command-v, and the token would appear at the point I clicked, but if that would be difficult, anywhere onscreen would be okay so long as it was always the same and not behind the toolbar.
Just an idea/suggestion: Pasted tokens could be pasted in the "dragging" state. No need for any smart placement at all that way.
Ideally, I'd like them to appear under my cursor, since wherever I'm pointing is usually where I want it to land. Henry's solution would work equally well though.
Something we're looking at.
I did some work last night with the new arrangement in which pasted tokens appear in the dragging state. It was much better. Thank you developers. Thank you Henry Loenwind.
Ummm...hmmmm...this isn't something I changed intentionally. So... It may be a bug :-)
Document it at once!
Okay, I think I have given this a fair go, and I definitely want pasted tokens to appear at the current location of the mouse cursor.
I definitely want pasted tokens to appear at the current location of the mouse cursor. Suggestion added to the list; thanks for the input.