Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

(LFP)(D&D 3.0/3.5E) (gestalt campaign) Sunday afternoons 1pm MDT

i would love to play a Gestalt campaign where everyone takes Monk as one gestalt class. my idea is that we were all raised in a combination monk order/ Orphanage. this would allow almost all PC Races and classes to be available and we would all grow up together. the monk order would be attacked and we would defend it/ try to survive as it was assaulted and burnt down by an evil monk order, or something. (up to GM's discretion). the goal of the campaign could be to hunt down the perpetrators and rebuild. I would play as a Half-orc monk/cleric of Corellon Larethian. I have always played and DM'd at the same time and would prefer to take a break. So anyone who wants to DM this would be welcome to it. 
I don't have time to run a separate campaign for that idea right now but you could join my game I'm currently setting up if you would like. PM me if you are interested.
still looking for a game... or players and a gm. BUMP
Never played 3.5 before. But I'd be willing to give this a try if a DM actually comes along willing to run a Gestalt game.
well i haven't had luck finding one yet... i could dm it myself, but i was hoping to just be a player for a change
BUMP-  Still looking for a GM or co-GM. I have the basic idea for this campaign, as well as ideas for characters. the only limitation i have in mind for the Gestalt PC's is that they all have Monk as one of their classes..my idea is that the PC's start off in a Monk monastery that is also an Orphanage. This would allow the PC's to play any race or (good*)class, but still have a similar background. The game would start with the Monastery being attacked/invaded by another monastery or some evil group. The PC's have to excape/defend the monastery and exact revenge in the name our/their fallen brother and sisters.  So this would be a great chance to play as a minotaur, a troll, or even a Fey-ri. Almost no character class would be limited* as long as Monk is one of the Gestalt classes... so you can make any choice you want... a barbarian, a bard, a ninja, etc. * - unless a dm/ co-dm says otherwise  vampire/ were /undead races are banned. Also no anti/fallen paladins, necromancers , assassins or any class that would require an evil alignment are also banned.
Bump- Still looking for players and a gm/co-gm. this campaign would welcome rollplayers, roleplayers, min-maxers, power gamers, and new players. Why limit yourself to just one class, this campaign would welcome multi class characters... possibly having no XP penalty for third class, and small penalties for fourth.. example- Monk/ XXXXXXXXX+ XXXXXXX= no penalty, Monk/XXXXXXX+XXXXXX+XXXXXXX= 10% penalty? where X's are different classes... the first XXXXXX's would be your gestalt class, and the second set your first multiclass and so on... I have also been thinking to limit Effective Character Levels (ECL) for races... not sure at what level yet, that would be something the DM/Co-DM and i would have to talk about...
bump

Edited 1500604171
Hey i be interested if you do not have to choose monk for one side of gestalt. There are many martial art style classes in 3/3.5 maybe loosen that rule to say you need to choose (monk or ninja or any real martial art class on one side) then you can choose what other two sides yourself. A monastery can teach many different styles at same time. If you need books to look in look in oriental adventures and any ones after that, that coincide in similar manner. If you do this hit me up with a pm about joining. Edit: this may also help your chances in geting players and gm.
i have the oriental adventures book... ...i recently got a hold of the complete adventurers book so i do know about the ninja class.. i haven't had much luck scaring up players and a co-dm...when i was talking three classes, i meant the two gestalt classes and multiclassing in others....i had been originally thinking everyone would take the monk class, but i guess any class that is  similar would be agreeable.
so you were thinking ninja/ something, or like shaman/something... i like the idea o all players having the unarmed strike feat... but i am certainly willing to make some compromises
If i would join, I be a ninja with martial art style feats from oriental adventures as main unarmed combat. as for secondary i don't know yet. If you wish for me to join pm ether your discord or skype. Also I answer any questions you may have. tyvm
Bump- still looking for a dm/co-dm and a few players.
So......
i don't have anything against you playing as a ninja, still looking for a dm/co-dm. i am already runing a campaign, and between my job and family i don't have alot of time to work on the campaign much. if i do it will be a "theater of the mind campaign" i was hoping to just be a player though...
Bump- i am still looking for a dm/co-dm to help run this campaign. I have tried my hand at creating maps, and to be honest I suck at it. i would like help creating maps. I also would like the chance to just be a player. If the other players are interested i could run a " Theater of the Mind" campaign, but that would be a last result!
Bump- still looking for players and a co-dm...
game time is officially Sundays 1pm MDT... and no longer looking for DM
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Douglas W. said: game time is officially Sundays 1pm MDT... and no longer looking for DM Thread title changed for you, happy rolling!
still looking for players for this game
Heya! This looks interesting! My Skype is ferelonshaderoot and my discord is William#7031. Message me when you can!
i am here
looking for a replacement player for this game... if you have any questions i will be available most nights after 7pm MDT
BUMP-
Me too.. I never played 3.5 before. But I really like to give a try this  game .
Bump, still looking for a player, please respond ASAP

Edited 1505064055
I can play. I love monk and know my way around 3.5
the DM i found flaked on me, so i am looking for a new DM...
Bump- Looking for DM and possibly one more player.
i am once again looking for a player, preferably someone who doesn't min max the hell out of their character... ( at least try not to give me (the DM) nightmares on how to challenge you. I try to make the adventures less combat heavy, but sometimes my plans run away with my. my ideal is about 60-70% combat, the rest is exploration and roleplaying. the world is practically a blank slate and if you suggest there might be an elven town here, or have a suggestion of what might be found in a certain town (Drakengard for example) there is probably a 70+% chance that is what will be there.
bump
bump
I'd be interested. I'd like to listen in for your game today. Can you send me your skype or discord details?
bump
BUMP
bump
the open spot has been filled...