Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help! Need help with attack macro for Mongoose Traveller 1st Ed

I've tried everything I know about macros (not much) to make an Attack macro and getting nowhere. Here the info in the book for an attack: Shooting Attack = 2d6 + Gun Combat (appropriate specialty) + Dexterity modifier There are several other modifies that may or may not apply.  These are either Bonuses for the attacker or Penalties on the attacker depending on what the target does (such as Movement, Cover, Dodge, and others. If I could get a general idea of how to do this, I think I could get this done.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I've not played it, but something like this should get you moving...: Shooting Attack: [[ 2d6 + ?{Gun Combat|Expert Marksman,2|none,0|All Thumbs,-1} + @{selected|dexterity} + ?{Move Penalty|yes,-1|no,0} ]]

Edited 1499803664
KenB
Pro
Tried it with and without some modification.  All I get is different error messages.   In Traveller, a person could have several different type of weapons plus different levels of that skill. Ex. Gun Combat (skill),  Laser Rifle (speciality),  2 (skill level).  This is true of many of the other skills also.  How can I pull that specific info for that skill off the character sheet?  Almost all the info I need can be pulled off the character sheet.  These are under the Attributes and Abilities tab.  These can also be marked as a Token Action and Added to the macro bar.  I know that some of these can replace a regular macro but not sure of how many at the moment. I've include an example of a roll from the character sheet and the die rolls it made. Laser Rifle Martin Tellurian Attack 11 Personal -3 Long 0 Close -1 Very Long -2 Short 0 Distant -4 Medium 0 Damage 13 Holographic Sights +1 DM at Medium, IR/Low light, reduce range by 2 range bands. 2000 Laser Sight +1 DM at Close and Short range 200 HUD +2 DM at all ranges. 1750 Attack:   Quantum Icon  Rolling (2d6+2+2+3-3+0) = ((5+2)+2+2+3-3+0) The damage roll is correct but why does it show some of the die rolls in color?   The info at the bottom is modifications they added to the weapon.  As you can see, these can add (or subtract) modifiers to the standard die roll. They can also change the weapons range band.  The ranges and modifiers are listed under Attack. I know this is probably a very difficult task but I'm in way over my head.  Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thank you 
Roll from the sheet then click into chat box and press up arrow. Highlight the text and hit [control] C. You can then paste into a new macro and modify it as needed.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
At its simplest, you would find whatever attributes apply and just reference them as @{attrname} when adding them all together.   I'm not sure I can help much beyond that.  Would it make sense to ask in the character sheets forum?
The die colors displayed in the roll template are either set up by the roll template or defaults in Roll20.  During the mouse over, the tool tip highlights (in a color) the results that were either the highest a die could roll, or the lowest, i.e. the 1 and 6 on a six sided die.  I am not sure if changing where the critical success of failure also changes which numbers change colors. I made the orginal sheet a while ago, but is has under gone some...interesting times.  Right now I have no idea what is up with the sheet.