Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Randomizing Initiative with a button.

Is there a way to completely randomize peoples initiative rolls that are currently in the turn order. Rather than deleting the turn order, Pcs all rolling init, then me rolling monster initiative?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
GroupInitiative can do that with: !group-init --reroll

Edited 1499966648
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jonny H. said: Rather than deleting the turn order, Pcs all rolling init, then me rolling monster initiative? FWIW, there's no need to delete the turn order before rolling a new initiative. The &{tracker} syntax with a roll will overwrite the existing initiative value (if it exists) or create a new turn order entry (if it doesn't exist). Existing turn order entries can also be manually edited if &{tracker} isn't used for whatever reason.
I might be missing something, but when i reroll it the npcs are getting a +11 to initative xD 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
it has to be configured for your environment.  What sheet are you using?
oh erm, DND 5e? Playing through the Yawning Portal atm, 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You'll likely need something like: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initstatname The default group adds an attribute named dexterity (for terrible, historical reasons...)
Sorry im not very technically minded when it comes to scripts/coding xD
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This should work: !group-init --del-group 1 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_bonus
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Run that once, and it should set up the right roll, then !group-init should just work. Check: !group-init --help for some details.
The Aaron said: Run that once, and it should set up the right roll, then !group-init should just work. Check: !group-init --help for some details. You are an absolute hero, it worked!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
=D  Sweet!  No problem.  Happy Rolling!
Ambitosis
Marketplace Creator
Hey Aaron, is there a way to account for someone with advantage on initiative in Group Init?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That's a hard topic.  If you're using the shaped sheet, it's actually quite easy: !group-init ---del-group 1 !group-init-config --set-dice-count|0 !group-init --add-group --bare initiative_formula This is because the shaped sheet handles the mechanics of advantage (and halfling luck and other 5e rules) in it's formula, so removing the die and handling it that way works. YMMV though, based on what sheet you're using.  I've got some ideas about how to handle it, but it's a complicated change and I'd like to roll it into some other changes...