Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

None of my player's can join my game on Google Hangouts.

This has been going on for a few days now. We had no problems up until a few days ago. When they attempt to login via Hangouts they get this message: we were unable to connect you to the game session. Please reload and try again. If this error persists, please contact support We're all using Google Chrome on high-end PCs. Windows 7 (one player is Windows 8)
I DID get a new modem, could it potentially be a port forwarding issue? That's usually where I have problems networking, but literally every other program works. Even just normal video chat with Google Hangouts. It's when they try to connect to my Roll20 game.
There have been some folks having issues with extensions/addons getting in the way. So ask your players if they have any installed and if so ask them to disable them. Other than that, the other thing they can try is clearing their cache, and logging out and back in. It's definitely not anything to do with your end or your modem, it's something on the player's end, or something on our end...but have them try those things first and if that doesn't fix it, let us know and we'll investigate further.
Alright. Players tried that and it didn't work. Same error unfortunately :( I'm off to bed right now. So I may not respond until after work tomorrow. Thanks for the assistance!
1387609945

Edited 1387610598
If there are any other suggestions, anything would help at this point. Edit: We're going to use the website app for our games, until it gets figured out. But Hangouts is just so damn convenient.
1387610684
Gauss
Forum Champion
Are they able to join you in google hangouts without Roll20?
1387675706

Edited 1387675871
Same problem here. I can get on the hangout with them, but I get an error when I try to start the roll20 app.
There seems to be an error with the new way Rugged Reroll handles new players joining a game for the first time. As a temporary workaround, if they join the game on the main site, they should then be able to join via Hangout without any issues. You only have to do it the first time they join. I should have a fix for this very soon.
This should now be fixed. Sorry it took so long, I'm honestly shocked this didn't get noticed while it was on Dev.