Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Webcam Blackout Issues

Hi there! First of all, Roll20 is has been the website of choice for my game group! Well done! We have an issue that comes up frequently where the webcam video blacks out on a regular basis. Reconnecting brings them back but it happens many times in our play sessions. I usually restart my modem etc which takes care of some of the bigger connection issues but this blackout problem is ongoing. It doesn't always happen to me (the GM) but also to the other players. Does anyone know how we can remedy that issue? I'm currently a Free user and have been thinking about upgrading since we like it so much but the connection issue has been keeping me from taking the plunge. Any advice? Would upgrading make it better or stay the same? Thank you Roll20!
You're not alone, and upgrading won't help.  Check out this thread .  Having said that, upgrading does have other benefits, such as access to more storage, Dynamic Lighting, and API scripts. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
True that. I would find it difficult to run on Roll20 if I had to go back to free, now that I know what can be done with the subscription perks, but video/audio are not affected by your level of commitment. Some folks report no problems, others have found non-Roll20 solutions.
Thanks!