Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Lost audio feed with the update

Hi, Since the update my Roll20 audio setup doesn't seem to be working anymore: I can't hear the players and they can't hear me. I am using a Logitech Wireless headset and before the update it was working alright. Players have mentioned a choppy video feed as well. I'm using the most recent version of Firefox (26.0) and my old beast of burden is still on Vista. Some players are using Chrome. G-Hangouts works fine, but I'd rather use in-game video conference. Also, as mentioned by someone else, control over settings isn't as intuitive as it used to be. Thank you. PS: As a future development idea, it would be nice to have a way to select one type of speakers for ambient sounds and one for voice. AFAIK, this isn't possible in the current built.
1387576704
Gauss
Forum Champion
Are you using WebRTC or Flash? Assuming you are using WebRTC the GM can switch the group back to flash if that is prefferable.
Was using WebRTC, will try flash. I'll keep you posted. Thanks
Hi Gauss, We tried different configurations on different browsers and kept getting the same puzzling results: When I use WebRTC (as the GM) I can't get my mic to work. Video feed seemed to be more stable tonight than yesterday. My gaming partner (who has a better comp than I do) was coming through without difficulties. When we switched to Flash however (and that's the puzzling part), everything was fine on my side, but he wasn't getting through at all (no audio-video feed at all). He tried it on both Firefox and Chrome and on 2 different computers (I believe one is on Win7, the other Win8). He checked he had the right plugin and everything. We both couldn't figure it out. As usual, everything was smooth on Hangouts, but ideally I'd like to keep using the inbedded interface. Any ideas? Thanks again.
1387605674
Gauss
Forum Champion
Just a guess but it may be that after switching the browser is not switching the settings properly. After the GM switches the mode please disable your audio/video settings in the Settings tab and then turn them back on. May require a refresh or two (or even a complete browser reboot).
Ok, good to know. I"ll try that at the next opportunity. Thanks again
1387835551
Gauss
Forum Champion
If it is still not working after that please let us know.